Shared Journeys: The Confluence of Pilgrimage Traditions
September 26-28, 2014
The College of William & Mary
Williamsburg, VA USA
The 2014 Annual Symposium for Pilgrimage Studies is sponsored by the Institute for Pilgrimage Studies at the College of William & Mary and the International Consortium on Pilgrimage Studies. Highlights of this year's symposium include:
- Public talk Friday evening on Sephardic heritage pilgrimage to synagogues and Jewish quarters in modern Spain by Dr. Sonia Sánchez of the Sefarad-Israel Center in Madrid, Spain with reception at the Muscarelle Museum of Art
- Paper/poster/roundtable sessions on Saturday (all day) and Sunday (morning only)
- Keynote address Saturday afternoon by Profs. David Gitlitz and Linda Davidson, authors of the award-winning book Pilgrimage and the Jews (2006)
- Reception on Saturday evening for conference registrants only.
- Public presentation Sunday morning on Birthright, an organization which sponsors heritage pilgrimage by Jewish youth to Israel, with Rabbi Joshua Weinberg, President of the Association of Reform Zionists of America (ARZA) and students from W&M who have gone on Birthright.
On-line registration is now open and will close September 19th! We look forward to seeing you there!