The purpose of the W&M Bridge program is to provide incoming neurodivergent students, both freshman and transfers, the opportunity to acclimate themselves to William & Mary. Students have the chance to meet and socialize with other neurodivergent students and will be introduced to campus resources.
We are looking for students that are dedicated to neurodiversity and would like to make incoming neurodivergent students feel welcome and prepared for their first semester at W&M.
Resident Counselors serve as peer advisers to program participants, helping to guide students during this weekend introduction to life at William and Mary. This position comes with a stipend ($300.00) and room & board for the duration of the program, which will take place July 28, 2017 through July 30, 2017. Participants are responsible for their transportation to and from campus.
- To apply, please complete the online application.
- The application deadline is Sunday, April 16th at midnight.
- Commitment to the principles of neurodiversity
- Willingness to mentor students
- Live on-site in the residence halls with students for the weekend
- Attend sessions with student participants during lectures
- Facilitate discussion in session, as relevant
- Participate in activities, both in and out of the sessions
For more information, email email@example.com.