William and Mary Confucius Institute, the collaborative program between the College of William and Mary (W&M) and Beijing Normal University (BNU), regularly recruits English teachers for the School of Foreign Languages and Literature at BNU for the spring semester (Feb to July 2014). Instructors will teach either English major or non-English major undergraduate students. If BNU recognizes your teaching, the contract can be resumed from Aug. 2014 to July 2015.
The specifications of the position are as follows:
- Courses: oral English, audio-visual (English movies), English debating, writing, Western culture, and etc.
- Workload: 14 teaching hours per week plus other duties as necessary, such as supervising theses of BA students.
- Salary and accommodation: commensurate with the applicant’s degrees, working experiences and the classes taught at BNU.
- Free auditing of Chinese language classes at BNU.
- Applicants must be English native speakers.
- Applicants with a TESOL certificate are preferred.
If you are interested in these positions and have a Master's or PhD degree, please send the following materials to Lei Ma at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before November 1st, 2013 and we will schedule candidate interviews either face to face or via Skype in the mid November.
2. Personal statement: explain your interest in and qualifications for the position.
3. Copy of TESOL certificate (if applicable)
Please refer any questions about the positions or application to Lei Ma at email@example.com.