When & Where
- Schedule of Events (Please note: 2016 schedule is currently posted until 2017 is available)
- Online Events Calendar
Event details are subject to change and updates will be posted as necessary. Once the schedule is posted, if you print a copy, please check the website again shortly before Commencement to make sure you have the most recent version. (See the "Last updated" date in the lower right corner of the schedule.)
Any schedule changes that occur during Commencement Weekend — including the implementation of rain plans — will be announced via email, text, Facebook and Twitter, on the website and on the Special Events Information Line: 757-221-3868. Information will be updated as necessary throughout the weekend.
Families of graduating students are encouraged to attend and participate in weekend traditions such as Saturday’s Baccalaureate, Alumni Induction Ceremony and Candlelight Ceremony. Attendance at these events is traditionally high, though they are not mandatory.
- Senior Class Dance (Thursday)
- Baccalaureate Multi-Faith Service (Friday)
- Senior Class Candlelight Ceremony (Friday)
- Walk Across Campus (Saturday Morning)
- Main Commencement Ceremony (Saturday Morning)
- New Graduate & Family Reception, Alumni Induction Ceremony, Signing the Class Banner (Saturday Night)
Departmental Diploma Presentations & Receptions (Saturday & Sunday)