Located in William & Mary Hall
- William & Mary Hall seating chart (pdf)
- Handicapped parking map (pdf)
- Vehicle Access Pass Route(pdf)
All main entrances to William & Mary Hall are located on the concourse level, which means that a substantial number of steps must be negotiated in order to access the doors. Once inside the building, there can also be a number of steps to reach general seating. If you or someone in your party has limited mobility, we recommend that you take advantage of the following accommodations:
Disability Vehicle Access Pass
Guests who have difficulty with steps may be dropped off at the handicapped ramp at the back of William & Mary Hall. The road around the Hall (Brooks Street) is made one-way at Commencement in order to facilitate this. Drivers need a W&M-issued Disability Vehicle Access Pass or state-issued handicap tag to access the Vehicle Access Pass Route(pdf). Please use the Disability Accommodations Request Form to request a vehicle access pass. Once inside the arena, guests will be directed to the appropriate seating areas. Drivers and other members of the party should park in the William & Mary Hall lot and then enter through the main entrances and sit in general seating.
The W&M-issued Vehicle Access Pass does not allow you to park in handicapped spaces.
Only vehicles with state-issued handicapped license plates or placards may park in handicapped parking spaces. These spaces are located in various parking lots on campus and are available on a first-come first-served basis. Refer to the handicapped parking map (pdf) to locate areas with accessible parking. Handicapped parking is limited to the spaces designated as such. A number of spaces on Brooks Street have been designated as handicapped parking. To access Brooks Street, vehicles must display a state-issued handicapped tag or a Disability Vehicle Access Pass, issued by the College (see the paragraph above). The College-issued Vehicle Access Pass allows access to Brooks Street only for the purpose of dropping guests off at the ramp entrance. Cars must have a state-issued handicapped plate/tag in order to park in handicapped spaces.
Wheelchair & Limited Mobility Seating
- Guests in wheelchairs should request a Vehicle Access Pass for drop-off at the W&M Hall back ramp.
- Floor seating is available for those who require the use of a wheelchair.
- Wheelchair seating tickets are required for this section. Please use the Disability Accommodations Request Form to make your request.
- One additional person may accompany a guest in a wheelchair and sit with him/her in this section. All others in the party should use the main entrances to the Hall and sit in general seating.
- Please note that the College is unable to provide wheelchairs.
Limited Mobility (non-wheelchair) Seating
- Limited mobility guests should request a Vehicle Access Pass for drop-off at the W&M Hall back ramp.
- Limited mobility seating tickets are required for this section. Please use the Disability Accommodations Request Form to make your request.
- Please note this section requires the negotiation of approximately 3-10 small steps.
- One additional person may accompany a guest with limited mobility and sit with them in this section. All others in the party should use the main entrances to the Hall and sit in general seating.
American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation
Deaf and hard-of-hearing guests who require ASL interpretation are invited to sit in the ASL seating section (pdf). The ramp entrance at the back of William & Mary Hall offers the easiest access to this seating area. An usher at the ramp entrance can direct guests to the appropriate section. We ask that other members of your party use the main entrances to the building and sit in the general seating areas so that we may reserve the ASL section for those who need this consideration. ASL interpretation is also available at the departmental ceremonies upon request. Please use the Disability Accommodations Request Form to request this service.