The following items will not be permitted inside W&M Hall for Commencement*:
- Backpacks (exceptions: diaper bags, string backpacks)
- Bags measuring larger than 1’ x 1’ x 1’
- Umbrellas: Leave umbrellas at the door in an umbrella bin.
- Outside food & drink (except for 1 factory sealed non-alcoholic beverage per person, no larger than one liter; juice boxes, factory sealed infant snacks, and baby food). Limited concessions will be sold in W&M Hall.
- Camera Tripods / Monopods / Selfie-Sticks
- Firearms and other weapons
- Laptop computers
- Alcohol, use of any tobacco products, or illegal substances
- e-cigarettes and vapor apparatuses
- Noisemakers, laser pointers, balls, frisbees, inflatable objects
- Chairbacks, coolers, ice chests
- Strollers (there will be a stroller parking tent near the entrance)
- Anything deemed unsafe by police or event staff
*The prohibited items list is for the enjoyment and safety of Commencement guests. This list is subject to change as conditions warrant.