Includes remarks by the Commencement speaker, President of the College and the student Commencement speaker. Several awards are presented and degrees are conferred. All graduates will be recognized in groups by degree or undergraduate major. (The departmental ceremonies are a more intimate setting for each department to recognize students individually. Most students will receive their diplomas at that time.)
Do not bring balloons, signs or other such items to the Hall. William & Mary Hall can get quite chilly — you may wish to bring a sweater or jacket.
- Commencement begins at 10:00 a.m. with the Academic Procession
- Located in William & Mary Hall. See the prohibited items list.
- Review student instructions.
- Seating chart (pdf)
- Tickets required
- Accessibility Accommodations are available.
- Find event streaming locations around campus.
- Doors open two hours before the start of the Academic Procession (see full schedule for precise times).
All guests attending the main ceremony in W&M Hall should be seated by 9:45 a.m., so please plan accordingly if you plan to watch any of the Walk Across Campus.
Concessions will be sold prior to the start of the ceremony. Concession windows will close shortly before the ceremony begins. There are also water fountains on all levels of the building.