Nomination deadline: Announced spring 2015.
Nominations for Commencement awards may be submitted using the online form or by sending a letter to Dr. Virginia Ambler, Chair of the Commencement Committee, in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- The James Frederic Carr Memorial Cup
- The Thatcher Prize for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Study
- The Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award
- The Lord Botetourt Medal
- The Thomas Ashley Graves, Jr. Award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching
- The Charles and Virginia Duke Award
- Be sure to refer to the criteria for each award before drafting a nomination and address how the person you are nominating reflects the relevant criteria.
- Each nomination must be submitted on a separate form.
- You may nominate a student for more than one award, and you may nominate more than one person for a given award. You may not nominate a given student for the same award more than once. (In other words, you may nominate Student A for two different awards and you may nominate Student A and Student B for the same award, but you may not nominate Student A for the Carr Cup twice.)
- Nominations should be informative, citing specific examples as to why the individual would be a worthy recipient. We recommend you review previous award recipient citations to see what information is helpful in a nomination letter. Here are previous citations that may help guide you as you compose your nomination letter:
Please email [[w|commencement,Commencement]], or call 757-221-1236