Lettie Pate Evans Foundation
An extraordinary grant of $1 million from The Lettie Pate Evans Foundation allowed the College to begin working on the Brafferton renewal and preservation project ahead of schedule. This gift also helped fund the 2011 archaeological field school, giving William & Mary students an opportunity to be involved with the excavation of the site. The field school is an annual research collaborative between the College and the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans, the first female Coca-Cola board member, established the Foundation in 1945. Foundation grants are limited to specific public charities in Georgia and Virginia, with a focus on private secondary and higher education, arts and culture, and museums and historic preservation. For more information please visit www.lpevans.org.