Violence based on sex and/or gender, including sexual assault, concerns most of the world's colleges and universities, including the College of William & Mary. We dedicate our work and this site to providing first-rate information and resources to educate our students and the public about sexual assault prevention and awareness. We also want everyone to know what satisfaction relationships - of any mixture - can bring, so we will include information on healthful and healthy relationships.
To learn more about campus wide events addressing healthful relationships and sexual violence prevention, please visit our Sexual Violence Prevention Education Calendar. If you would like to submit an event to this calendar please fill out this Event Submission Form. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
William & Mary is dedicated to preventing sexual and relational violence within our campus community. Our efforts of prevention can be seen across campus, throughout the year via:
- Health Outreach Peer Educators (HOPE): Members of HOPE strive to provide reliable and relevant health information to encourage healthful choices in our community. HOPE advocates to reduce risk for the W&M community primarily relating to the topics of healthy relationships and sexual aggression, mental health, sexual health, and substance use. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website!
- Someone You Know (SYK): Our mission is to empower all individuals to end sexual violence through intervention and peer education in order to create a more supportive, healthy and safe campus. Check us out on Facebook!
- 16IX3: We are an independent student organization that strives to break the cycle of sexual violence in our community and create a culture of shared accountability. We work to reform the Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure by serving as representatives for student interests, and by holding our policy-makers accountable in their duty to protect those interests. We hope to build a community that is informed, compassionate, and equipped to combat the injustice of sexual violence. Contact: email@example.com. Check us out on Facebook!
- Red Flag Campaign
- Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month
- Take Back the Night
- Its On Us Campaign
- Office of Health Promotion
- Student Assembly
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Task Force on Sexual Violence & Harassment Prevention