The W&M Student Insurance is an Injury and Sickness Plan underwritten by United HealthCare Insurance Company and is administered by United Healthcare StudentResources. Although, StudentResources is part of UnitedHealthcare, we are a standalone division with our own electronic payer number and claims submission address. StudentResources is dedicated to the student market and we have a fully staffed plan administration office that serves this market.
All inquiries, questions and appeals regarding claims, benefits and eligibility MUST be directed to StudentResources. If you are experiencing problems with eligibility verification and/or claims delays, please review the back of the patient's insurance card for the correct contact and claims submission information. Reviewing the patient's insurance card is critical to receiving timely and accurate payments. Claims submitted to a UHC plan administration office other than StudentResources will be rejected because the insured patient will not be identified in their system.
Providers should use the phone number listed on the back of the patient's insurance card or you may contact StudentResources Customer Service by calling (800) 767-0700 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Central Time or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providers should submit claims to the company within 90 days after the date of service. Please mail all medical and hospital bills along with the insured student's name and patient's name (if different), the insured's unique 7-digit StudentResources ID number, address and the College's policy number and group name to:
P.O. Box 809025
Dallas, Texas 75380-9025
For electronic submissions, claims should be submitted to Emdeon (formerly WebMD) using payer #74227.
The following is a brief overview of the W&M Student Injury and Sickness plan benefits for billing purposes only. It is not intended to be a guarantee of payment nor does it provide complete details of the coverage including costs, benefits, exclusions any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policy may be continued in force.
- The Preferred Provider for this plan is UHC Options PPO but a Student Health Center (SHC) referral is required for outside care UNLESS it is a medical emergency; the SHC is closed; the service is rendered at a facility that is more than 10 miles from campus or if the student isn't eligible to use the services of SHC due to a change in student status such as when the student is less than full-time, has graduated or is no longer an active student.
- Deductible: $200; additional Inpatient Deductible: $250; both are per insured person, per policy year. There is not a separate deductible for prescription drug. Deductible waived for Outpatient Physican's Visit.
- Coinsurance: PPO - 20%; Out-of-Network - 50% (except for Physiotherapy, DME and Ambulance Services)
- PPO Copays: OV - $30; ER - $75 (after deductible); Rx - $15 / $30 / $50 each for up to a 31-day supply
- Out-of-Network Copays: OV - $30 + 30% of UCR; ER - $75 + 0% of UCR; Rx - No benefits