For comments, questions, or concerns regarding the Student Health Center (SHC) Pharmacy, call (757) 221-2190.
Pharmacy Hours of Operation
Fall & Spring Hours
Summer, Other Break, &
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*The pharmacy may be closed throughout
The Student Health Center (SHC) Pharmacy is staffed by one licensed pharmacist. Instructions are given on the proper use of prescribed medication and printed drug information is provided. Please remember, the pharmacist is available for patient consultation. Ask questions about your prescriptions. Be certain you know why you are taking a particular medication and how to take it.
- Full time students are eligible to use the SHC Pharmacy. Family, staff, and faculty members are not eligible.
- The SHC Pharmacy dispenses medications prescribed by our providers, or fills new prescriptions from your family physician or outside health care providers.
- Some over-the-counter drugs are offered at the Health Center front desk as a convenience to our students.
- You will need to show your Student ID card to the front desk when picking up prescriptions.
To refill prescriptions originally filled at the Student Health Center:
- Please call the night before and leave a clear, detailed message on the voicemail. Have the prescription number from the original container ready when you call.
- We will need your name, student ID number, Rx number, and a phone number to contact you in case more information is needed.
- Prescription(s) may be picked up at the front desk the following day during regular Health Center hours.
To have prescriptions transferred from another pharmacy and filled at the Student Health Center:
- Generally, the receiving pharmacy (in this case, us) generates the transfer.
- We will need you to bring the current pharmacy's label from your bottle along with your insurance card(s).
- In order to minimize wait time for all students, transfers will be done in person; phone messages requesting transfers will not be accepted.