There are two different types of online registration:
- Online registration for a Fitwell Pass. Patrons must create a profile when they purchase a Fitwell pass. It is recommended that patrons create the profile in our Mind Body scheduling system before purchasing a Fitwell pass at the Rec Center front desk, in order to save time buying your pass. If you have previously created an account in our Mind Body scheduling system and answered all questions in the “My Info” section, you do not need to do this again.
- Online registration for a Body Pump class. Beginning spring 2017, we are trying out advanced online sign-ups for Body Pump classes only. Thank you for bearing with us while we experiment with online sign-ups for classes. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to try to improve this process and make it easy for everyone. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with getting into Body Pump classes this semester. See "Instructions for Online Registration for Body Pump Classes" below.
*You must complete the online registration before purchasing your pass at the Student Recreation Center. This may be done in any location via internet access. We are not accepting online payment at this time.
After you have completed your online registration, please go to the Student Recreation Center Front Desk and purchase your pass via cash, check, W&M express or credit card. Checks can be made out to W&M Campus Recreation. Be sure to tell the front desk staff member that you have already created your user profile in Mind Body so they will not add a duplicate account for you.
If you plan on paying for your Fitwell Pass before you attend a group fitness class, please arrive at least 30 minutes early, especially at the beginning of the semester. Our first priority during the fitness class check-in window is to get participants into classes on time. If there is less than 15 minutes before a class and a long line of people waiting to get into the class, you may be asked to wait to purchase your Fitwell pass until after the class.
Use of ID Cards as Fitwell Passes
Once patrons purchase their Fitwell passes, they can use their W&M ID cards or Privilege cards as their Fitwell Pass. In order to do this, the Rec Center front desk staff member will need to swipe patrons' W&M ID cards or Privilege cards (if patrons are not W&M students or W&M fac/staff members) at the time of Fitwell Pass registration/payment at the Rec Center front desk to link patrons' cards with their Mind Body accounts.
Group Fitness Class Check-In
When arriving at the Rec Center to take a group fitness class, patrons should go to the front desk and present their W&M ID Card or Privilege Card (or pay $5 for a daily pass) in order to get a ticket for the class (Unless patrons have registered in advance online for Body Pump classes, in which case please see below). The front desk attendant will swipe the ID Card to verify that the patron has registered for a Fitwell Pass. There are a limited number of spaces available for each class so once the tickets run out, the class is full. The earliest participants may pick up tickets for a class is 30 minutes prior to the class. Classes are first come, first serve.
Instructions for Online Registration for Body Pump Classes
Patrons must have a Fitwell Pass in order to register online for Body Pump classes.
There are 15 spaces in each body pump class reserved for online registration. Our max class size for body pump classes is 22, which leaves 7 spaces for walk-up participants (who can arrive to class as early as 30 min. to get a ticket). The online registration window opens 24 hours in advance and closes.
Online registration for Body Pump opens 24 hours in advance of the class start time and closes one hour in advance of the class start time.
Class check-in for online registrants: One of the benefits of registering online for Body Pump is that patrons do not have to check in for class at the Rec Center front desk. They can check in with the Group Fitness Instructor in the studio. Upon arrival at the Rec Center for class, participants should go straight to the studio to check in with the Instructor so that he/she can mark you as "signed in" for the class. Patrons who register online in advance must show up at least 10 min. early to Body Pump classes or their spot may be given to a walk-up participant. If patrons cannot arrive at least 10 min. early to Body Pump classes, they should not register online.
Cancellation of reservation: Patrons can cancel their reservation up to 2 hours in advance of the class with no penalty. If patrons cancel a reserved spot in Body Pump in the 2-hour window before class, or they do not show up to class, they will be charged a $5.00 fee. They will not be able to take another Body Pump class before paying the $5.00 late fee.
How to register online for Body Pump classes:
Using the Mind Body App:
- On your mobile device, download the Mind Body App:
- The Mind Body App will ask for your email address. If this is your first time using the app, you will need to create a password. The password does not have to be the same as your www.mindbodyonline.com password. The Mind Body App will then connect you to your Mind Body account using your email address. As long as you use the same email in the app as the one associated with your Mind Body online account, the app will recognize that you have a Fitwell Pass.
- Verify Email Address: If this is your first time using the Mind Body App, you will have to verify your email address before you can book classes using the app. Mind Body will send you an email. Open the email and click the link to verify your email address.
- Once you are logged into the Mind Body App, Go to the "Schedule" icon at the bottom of the app. It looks like a clock face. Click on "Explore Businesses". Click on "Group", with the picture of a barbell. Select "College of William and Mary Campus Recreation". Click on "Schedule"
- Select the Body Pump class you want to register for (you can sign up online up to 24 hours in advance). You should see a "Book" button. You will be able to book as long as it is at least 1 hour before the start time of the class and there is still space available.
- To cancel the class up to 2 hours beforehand, click on your appointment and then click on cancel.
- If you cancel less than 2 hours before the class, you will be charged a $5.00 late cancellation fee, which must be paid at the Rec Center front desk before you can again register online for a Body Pump class.
- Using a computer:
- Click here or go to www.mindbodyonline.com and select "College of William and Mary Campus Recreation".
- Sign in using the account log-in you created when you created your Mind Body profile. If the front desk created a profile for you when you purchased your Fitwell Pass, you should have received an automated email from Mind Body If you cannot remember your password, use the "forgot password" link. If you cannot remember your username, email Sam Freeburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the Group Fitness Tab. You will see a list of classes. Body Pump classes, that start at least 1 hour from the time you are trying to book the class, will show availability and a "sign up now" button.
- Click the "sign up now" button and then "make a single reservation".
If you have any trouble with online registration, please contact either Sam Freeburn or Jenny Fisher
Sam Freeburn: 757-221-3319; email@example.com
Jenny Fisher: 757-221-3313; firstname.lastname@example.org