This guide is near and dear to the hearts of us on the University Web & Design team. By following it, every Cascader helps W&M maintain a unified web presence.
These best practices are tried-and-true guidelines that help you create content to draw visitors in and showcase your department or program's best attributes. Cascade provides you with extensive functionality and versatility—but with great power, comes great responsibility.
- Accessibility – Create content for every web user.
- Writing for the Web - Keep it clear and concise.
- Arranging Content - Formatting for the web.
- Links & Navigation - Get them where they need to go.
- Accepted Word Styles - Say this ... not that.
- Searchability - Let's talk SEO.
- Pocket Guide - Your quick reference guide.
Does this apply to everything I do on the web?
This web style guide is relevant to promotional, narrative and feature content in Cascade.
It may not apply to headlines, headers and subheads, press releases and news articles, or blog entries and other social media content.