The University Web & Design team is ready to share our best recommendations for using social media at William & Mary. SMUG meetings will feature strategy, suggestions, cautions and requirements for those who represent the university on social platforms.
W&M at the Moment (and in a Directory)
Social Stream is our social media aggregator of the top-level W&M social media accounts and serves as the directory of all active W&M-related accounts on campus (including academic departments, programs, centers, administrative offices, libraries, museums, athletic teams, sports clubs, officially recognized student organizations, and alumni groups).
If you run a social media channel for a W&M-related group and don't see it listed in the directory, please let us know.
Resources & Presentations
From our office:
- Social Media Strategy at William & Mary
- W&M Social Media User's Guide
- Social media presentations facilitated by University Web & Design
- Facebook's Official Facebook Page Insights: Product Guide for Facebook Page Owners (pdf)
- Facebook's Official Page Publishing Best Practices (pdf)
- Facebook's Official Building your presence with Pages: A guide for educators (pdf)
- mStoner's Facebook Timeline Cheat Sheet
- University of Oklahoma's Top 10 Facebook Do's
- YouTube's Official Creator's Playbook
- University of Oklahoma's Top 10 Twitter Do's
- University of Oklahoma's Measuring 101
- The Ultimate Complete Final Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet from Duke University
Posts on these blogs are worthwhile sources for social media content ideas, strategy and more:
Hashtags are a way to tag your Twitter and Instagram posts for searching, sorting and well ... fun. Learn about our use of hashtags.