I have worked in higher education for my entire professional career of 20+ years. In that time, I have served in one communication capacity or another.
It began in the Office of Undergraduate Admission where I assisted with the letters that so many prospective students await. A bulk of my time at William & Mary was spent in Information Technology. In that 21-year period, I saw my career follow the growth of technology beginning with telecommunications to technology training to website management. The highlight was an 18-month project ending on July 31, 2008 that resulted in the launch of a new website for William and Mary.
Of course, evolution is a continuous cycle and William & Mary found itself in need of a collective team to provide consistent communications and messaging for the College through print, web and multimedia. Enter Creative Services (now University Web & Design) - a collaboration of knowledge and talents of the IT Web Team and the Office of Publications.
- Provide leadership and direction for the university’s online presence including traditional websites, microsites, web applications and social networks
- Direct the use of web tools to facilitate internal communication
- Collaborate with campus communication professionals to establish creative vision, scope and requirements for projects and initiatives
- Oversee the visual identity efforts of the university, providing guidance to campus entities on policies and best practices in the use of university marks in all forms of communications
- Provide advice and counsel to senior university leadership on relevant communications issues; track and manage changing technologies and trends in publishing, the Internet and communications practices in order to better develop and maintain appropriate procedures and processes related to efficient communication
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management from Christopher Newport University. I also attended the EDUCAUSE Institute Management Program. I have presented at/attended several regional and national conferences including:
- College Communicators Association
- Sungard Summit
I enjoy watching American (Cowboys) and English (Arsenal) football and hanging out with my adorable German Shepherd pup, Stella.