Departments & Offices » Sponsored Programs » Pre-Award Services » External Grants » Travel Funding Information
Travel Funding Opportunities
Whenever possible, links below go to funding specific sections of the listed website.
- American-Mideast Education & Training Services, Inc. -- promotes cooperation between Americas and the people of the Middle East and North Africa.
- American Councils for International Education --- Education, training and consulting organization specializing in the countries of Eastern Europe, Russia and Eurasia.
- American-Scandinavian Foundation -- Promotes educational and cultural exchanges between the U.S. and Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden
- Asia Foundation -- Promotes U.S.-Asian understanding and cooperation.
- Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange (the) -- Promotes the study of Chinese culture and society.
- Council for the International Exchange of Scholars -- (CIES) administers the FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR PROGRAM
- Eurasia Foundation
- Fulbright Scholar Program -- Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- German Academic Exchange Service -- (DAAD) promotes international academic relations especially through the exchange of students and faculty
- German-American Academic Council --(GAAC) offers several grant programs to promote German-American cooperation in all fields of the sciences (including the natural, physical, medical, and social sciences and engineering) and humanities.
- Institute of International Education -- (IIE)
- International Research & Exchanges Board -- (IREX) offers access to scholars, policymakers, and research resources of the Newly Independent States of Eurasia, Central and Eastern Europe, and Mongolia.
- International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) Scholar Grant Opportunities
- Liguria Study Center for the Arts and Humanities located on the Italian Riviera offers Bogliasco residential fellowships.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- (NATO)
- Open Society Institute -- Promotes the advancement of higher education within the humanities and social sciences in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and Mongolia.
- Peace Corps -- US agency that sends trained volunteers in the areas of education, government, business, health and agriculture to interested countries.
- Social Science Research Council -- (SSRC) offers a multitude of programs concerning Eastern Europe, International Migration, International Peace and Security, Japan, Near and Middle East, South Asia, the Soviet Union and successor states, and others.
- SSRC Fellowships
- von Humboldt Foundation, Alexander offers scholarship and fellowship opportunities available for research and study in Germany.
- U.S. Information Agency -- (Now Bureau of International Information Program)
- USIA Education and Cultural Exchanges (now Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs)
- William & Mary Reves Center for International Studies