- You have identified a funding opportunity by means of the Grant Flash alerts, speaking with a mentor, or a custom funding search performed for you by Grant Office personnel.
- Once a grant funding opportunity has been identified, thoroughly review the program solicitation and ensure your eligibility. Depending on the foundation or corporation you may need clearance from the Development Office. Please see "Active Prospects List for Corporate & Foundation Relations-Clearance Required." If uncertain, please call the Grant Office.
- Contact the Grant Office with as much lead time as possible. Grant Office policy states proposals must be submitted to the Grant Office at least five (5) working days prior to the actual grant submission deadline. This is to manage work flow, ensure the proposal gets proper review, and to resolve any questions/concerns prior to the due date.
- Once you contact the Pre-Award Grant Office, or email, a Research Administrator will be assigned to assist you with your proposal submision, budget development, editing to ensure guidelines have been met.
- The Research Administrator will work with you until the proposal is ready to be submitted. If an electronic submission is required, e.g., Grants.gov, NSF FastLane, etc, the Grant Office must submit on behalf of the faculty member.