This grant is subject to an internal competition. The due date for pre-applications is January 3, 2018 by 4:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Jeffress Trust Awards Program in Interdisciplinary Research-Expanding Computational and Quantitative Research in Virginia.
The Jeffress Trust Program provides $100,000 awards as seed funding to support one-year pilot studies that encourage the development of innovative interdisciplinary strategies that integrate computational and quantitative scientific strategies across a broad range of scientific disciplines. Up to five applications will be accepted from each nonprofit academic or research institution in Virginia, nominated through their own internal selection process.
The W&M due date for pre-applications is January 3, 2018 by 4:00 pm. to email@example.com
The W&M preapplication should consist of the following component(s):
- Jeffress Application face sheet-budget
- Research Proposal
- Pre-application may omit Current & Pending document and Table of Contents
The internal application should include the research proposal and address the Research Project Criteria. Also, a proportion of the award must be dedicated to funding undergraduate research support. Note: Justified graduate student support may be considered on a case by case basis.
June 30, 2018- June 29, 2019
- Work as a full-time faculty member at a non-profit academic or research institution in Virginia
- Have completed no more than seven years since their first faculty appointment as of June 30, 2018
- Propose a project in an eligible research area, including astronomy, biosciences, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, environmental sciences, material science, mathematics and physics