Virginia Governor’s Higher Education Summit on National Service
at the College of William & Mary
October 4-5, 2015
Hosted by the Virginia Governor and First Lady McAuliffe, the College of William & Mary, James Madison University, Shenandoah University, Lord Fairfax Community College and Virginia Military Institute
Spurred on by the vision of the Franklin Project, the Summit will focus on creating opportunities for our students and graduates to participate in service year programs in our communities and throughout Virginia.
There is no charge to attend the Summit.
If you are able to attend, please consider bringing members of your senior team -- your chief academic officer, your chief student affairs officer, and/or your chief civic engagement officer to accompany you.
To RSVP please contact Drew Stelljes, Assistant Vice President for Student Engagement and Leadership, College of William & Mary, at 757.221.3263 or [[oce]]
Attendees will be asked to consider:
- Creating service year programs at individual Virginia universities
- Creating a cross-university or statewide service year corps
- Creating a scholarship for service year alumni
- Virginia universities will be asked to consider the Service Year in Admissions
- Consider becoming Employers of National Service
- Virginia universities will be asked to consider hosting an innovation competition for VA university students that have ideas for new service year programs in the state