Once you have decided on a program, go ahead and apply or register to study abroad.
When choosing a W&M program, apply online by the deadline. Be aware; deadlines vary and are program specific.
- Spring study abroad: Most are October 1 although some are as early as September 5
- Summer study abroad: February 3
- Fall and academic year study abroad: Most are March 15, although some are as early as February 15.
- Applications must be complete in order to be considered, so plan ahead and order your official W&M transcript and request recommendations early. This also includes payment of application fee and submission of all documents, except for course approval forms which are not due until the end of the semester prior to studying abroad.
When choosing a non W&M program, you apply directly to that program by their deadline and register online by the following deadlines:
- Summer, fall and academic year study abroad: April 15
- Spring study abroad: November 15
- Registrations must be complete, including payment of the fee and submission of all documents, except for course approval forms which are not due until the end of the semester prior to studying abroad.
If you are applying to a non W&M program, most study abroad providers require a signed form from an advisor approving the study abroad program. Please allow 1 to 2 weeks for signature approvals from either a Reves Center staff advisor or an academic advisor.
If you want to apply or regsiter after the deadline, you must submit a petition to the Committee on Exceptions to the Global Edcuation Office at the Reves Center. A $100 late fee will apply. Contact the Global Education Office for details.