Start your path to success
As a new university student in the U.S., you will encounter many challenges, including navigating a new culture in a foreign language and adjusting to the different expectations of American professors. Other challenges include learning new styles of teaching in the classroom, cross-cultural communication, and understanding U.S. business culture.
In partnership with the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William & Mary offers a special 5 week intensive preparatory program for incoming W&M graduate business students. The program is aligned with the first year curriculum of the MBA program, and combines advanced English language training, academic and presentation skills, and visits to regional businesses to prepare students to succeed in the MBA program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
Advantages of the W&M Graduate Business English Program
- Prepares you for success in the MBA program at William & Mary
- Faculty include Raymond A. Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and professional English instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 10 students per class
- Individual attention to students from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on career management and networking skills
- Experiential Fridays: Weekly trips to businesses for hands-on, experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Multi-national business concepts and business expansion, case studies, current issues
- Intensive Business English: Business writing, business reading, listening skills
- Communication skills: Presentation skills, non-verbal behavior, discussion techniques
- U.S. Culture: Social and business culture, values
- Special topics: U.S. Business mannersm pronunciation, time management, classroom culture, career management
- Tours and Visiting Lecturers: Visit businesses, connect with the alumni network.
Dates: July 1 – 29, 2016
Location: Raymond A. Mason School of Business, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates.
Tel. 01 757 221 1279
Deadline: June 1, 2016
Register online at: https://forms.wm.edu/23158
$4,500 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips