Start your path to success
As a new university student in the US, you will encounter many challenges, including navigating a new culture in a foreign language and adjusting to the different expectations of American professors. Other challenges include learning new styles of teaching in the classroom, cross-cultural communication, and understanding US business culture.
The W&M Graduate Business English & Culture Program offers a unique opportunity to prepare you for success as you begin your MBA Program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business!
Advantages of the W&M Graduate Business English & Culture Program
- Focus is on business: Faculty include Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and ESL instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 10 students per class
- Individual attention from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on your career search
- Networking: Weekly trips to businesses for hands-on, experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Multi-national business concepts and business expansion, case studies, current issues
- Business Language building: Business writing, business reading, listening skills
- Communication skills: Presentation skills, non-verbal behavior, discussion techniques
- Career services: Career planning, resume writing, networking, interviewing skills
- Special topics: U.S. Business culture/manners. pronunciation and intonation, time management, classroom culture
- Tours and Visiting Lecturers: Visit businesses, connect with the alumni network.
Dates: July 6 – August 10, 2015
Location: Raymond A. Mason School of Business, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates.
Tel. 01 757 221 3437
Deadline: June 1, 2015
Register online at: https://forms.wm.edu/14162
$4,400 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips