START YOUR PATH TO SUCCESS
Your success as a business student and as a business professional in the US depends on a solid foundation of academic preparation and core skills in English communication and business culture.
As a new university student in the US, you will encounter many challenges, including navigating a new culture in a foreign language and adjusting to the different expectations of American professors. Other challenges include learning new styles of teaching in the classroom, cross-cultural communication, and understanding US business culture.
The W&M Graduate Business English & Culture Program (pdf) offers a unique opportunity to prepare you for success as you begin your MBA Program at the Mason School of Business!
Key Advantages of the William & Mary Graduate Business English & Culture Program:
- Prepares you for success in the graduate business programs at the College of William & Mary
- Faculty include Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and ESL instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 10 per class
- Individual attention to students by faculty and staff
- Head start on career search, resume building, interviewing and networking skills.
- Experiential Fridays: Weekly trips to businesses for experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Multi-national business concepts and business expansion, case studies, current issues
- Business Language building: Business writing, business reading, listening skills
- Communication skills: Presentation skills, non-verbal behavior, discussion techniques
- Career services: Career planning, resume writing, networking, interviewing skills
- Special topics: U.S. Business culture/manners. pronunciation and intonation, time management, classroom culture
- Tours and Visiting Lecturers: Visit businesses, connect with the alumni network.
Dates: July 14 – August 8, 2014
Location: Mason School of Business, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates!
CONTACT US[[premba,Stephen Sechrist]], Director, International Students and Scholars Program
Tel. 01 757 221 3437
Deadline: June 1, 2014
Register online at: https://forms.wm.edu/14162
$4,400 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips