Start your path to success
As a new university student in the U.S., you will encounter many challenges, including navigating a new culture in a foreign language and adjusting to the different expectations of American professors. Other challenges include learning new styles of teaching in the classroom, cross-cultural communication, and understanding U.S. business culture.
The W&M Graduate Business English Program offers a unique opportunity to prepare you for success as you begin your MBA Program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business!
Advantages of the W&M Graduate Business English Program
- Prepares you for success in the MBA program at William & Mary
- Faculty include Raymond A. Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and professional English instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 10 students per class
- Individual attention to students from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on career management and networking skills
- Experiential Fridays: Weekly trips to businesses for hands-on, experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Multi-national business concepts and business expansion, case studies, current issues
- Intensive Business English: Business writing, business reading, listening skills
- Communication skills: Presentation skills, non-verbal behavior, discussion techniques
- U.S. Culture: Social and business culture, values
- Special topics: U.S. Business mannersm pronunciation, time management, classroom culture, career management
- Tours and Visiting Lecturers: Visit businesses, connect with the alumni network.
Dates: July 1 – August 8, 2016
Location: Raymond A. Mason School of Business, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates.
Tel. 01 757 221 1279
Deadline: June 1, 2016
Register online at: https://forms.wm.edu/23158
$4,800 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips