- Information sessions on your immigration status and campus resources
- Shopping trips and other optional activities
- Your immigration registration
- Opportunities to meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg.
- All meals mentioned in the schedule are included.
- This program helps you transition into life as a W&M student.
Spring 2016 International Student Orientation
- Thursday, January 14
- This is when your I-20 or DS-2019 start date will be, unless your graduate program has requested an earlier start date for you, and when you need to plan to arrive by.
- Move In: Undergraduate dorms will open to international students today. Students who stay in the Graduate Complex will coordinate their move in with Residence Life.
- Friday, January 15
- Saturday, January 16
- International orientation will take place in the morning for all new international students.
- Undergraduate students will rejoin Spring Orientation in the afternoon.
- Sunday, January 17 - Tuesday, January 19
- Spring orientation will continue for all new undergraduate students.
A more detailed schedule will be posted here in December, as dates and times are finalized.
Orientation Requirements and Additional Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 immigration status are required to attend the International Student Orientation, including exchange students and students transferring to W&M from other U.S. schools.
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There are special orientations for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientations with their departments.
Complete your immigration check-in within 10 days of your arrival to the U.S.
If you have difficulty, contact the Reves Center for help!
- Login to iStart, using your W&M login
- Click on Orientation services in the menu on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Immigration Check-In and complete the form
- Please also complete the Immigration Responsibilities form
Submit both of these forms promptly so we can register your record with Immigration.