International Student Orientation is for new students before each fall and spring semester as a part of your orientation with new American students and includes special information sessions, shopping trips, and optional activities. During the orientation, you will be registered with immigration, receive information and materials on the laws concerning your immigration status and programs and services available on campus, meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg. This program aims to help your transition into your life as a W&M student. All meals mentioned in the schedule are included.
Orientation Requirements and Additional Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 visas are required to attend the International Student Orientation. This includes exchange students and students who will transfer to W&M from other U.S. institutions
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There are special orientations for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientation programs run through their departments.
Spring 2014 International Orientation
Graduate and Undergraduate International Students
- International Orientation Schedule (pdf), and International Orientation Calendar (pdf)
- Immigration Check-In: Thursday, January 9, 2014
- Sessions and Events: Friday, January 10, 2014- Saturday, January 11, 2014; additional orientation activities vary by department.
- Undergraduate all-student orientation will begin on Friday, January 10 and continue through Tuesday, January 14. Undergraduate all-student orientation is required for all undergraduates and undergraduate exchange students.
Please contact Emily Hogge at [[echogge]] with any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Williamsburg!