International Student Orientation is for new students before each fall and spring semester as a part of your orientation with new American students and includes special information sessions, shopping trips, and optional activities. During the orientation, you will be registered with immigration, receive information and materials on the laws concerning your immigration status and programs and services available on campus, meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg. This program aims to help your transition into your life as a W&M student. All meals mentioned in the schedule are included.
Orientation Requirements and Additional Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 visas are required to attend the International Student Orientation. This includes exchange students and students who will transfer to W&M from other U.S. institutions
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There are special orientations for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientation programs run through their departments.
Spring 2015 International OrientationNew International Students
- Move In: On campus housing will be available for international undergraduate students who are attending international orientation starting Thursday, January 15, 2015. Graduate student housing is arranged independently; graduate students should check with Residence Life for their move-in dates. Students who arrive earlier must make their own housing arrangements (such as staying in a local hotel).
- Immigration Check-In: Thursday, January 15
- International Orientation Sessions and Events (pdf): Thursday, January 15 - Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Undergraduate all-student orientation: Friday, January 16 - Tuesday, January 20, 2015. This is for undergraduate students only.
- Undergraduate classes begin Wednesday, January 21
Contact [[Emily Bailey, ehbailey]] with any orientation questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Williamsburg!