International Student Orientation is for new students before each fall and spring semester as a part of your orientation with new American students and includes special information sessions, shopping trips, and optional activities. During the orientation, you will be registered with immigration, receive information and materials on the laws concerning your immigration status and programs and services available on campus, meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg. This program aims to help your transition into your life as a W&M student. All meals mentioned in the schedule are included.
Orientation Requirements and Additional Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 visas are required to attend the International Student Orientation. This includes exchange students and students who will transfer to W&M from other U.S. institutions
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There are special orientations for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientation programs run through their departments.
Complete your immigration check-in within 10 days of your arrival.
If you have difficulty, contact the Reves Center for help!
- Login to iStart, using your W&M login
- Click on Orientation services in the menu on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Immigration Check-In and complete the form
- Please also complete the Immigration Responsibilities form
You must submit both of these forms promptly so we can register your record with Immigration.
Graduate International Students
- Graduate orientation schedule (pdf)
- Summer welcome: Every Friday, June 5 - August 7 at the Reves Center
- 2:00-4:00pm Stop by to receive welcome materials
- Help with Immigration check-in: Monday, August 17
- 1:00-5:00pm If you are having difficulty completing the online immigration check-in, stop by the Reves Center for help.
- Graduate International Orientation: Saturday, August 15, 12-4pm
- Move In: Students who stay in the Graduate Complex will coordinate their move in with Residence Life.
- Special events (pdf) for students who have a W&M job or assistantship
Undergraduate International Students
- Undergraduate orientation schedule (pdf)
- Welcome and Dorm Keys
- Tuesday, August 18
- Move In: Dorms will open to international students starting the evening of Tuesday, August 18.
- International Orientation
- Tuesday, August 18 - Thursday, August 20
- All Student Orientation
- Thursday, August 21 - Tuesday, August 25
Contact Emily Bailey with any orientation questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Williamsburg!