International Student Orientation is for new students before each fall and spring semester as a part of your orientation with new American students and includes special information sessions, shopping trips, and optional activities. During the orientation, you will be registered with immigration, receive information and materials on the laws concerning your immigration status and programs and services available on campus, meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg. This program aims to help your transition into your life as a W&M student. All meals mentioned in the schedule are included.
Orientation Requirements and Additional Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 visas are required to attend the International Student Orientation. This includes exchange students and students who will transfer to W&M from other U.S. institutions
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There are special orientations for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientation programs run through their departments.
Fall 2014 International Orientation
- Graduate International Students
- Graduate International Orientation Schedule (pdf) and Calendar (pdf)
- Move In: Students who stay in the Graduate Complex will coordinate their move in with Residence Life
- Immigration Check-In:
- Summer Check-In: Every Friday, June 6 – August 8, 2-3pm (Reves Center)
- August Check-In: August 14, 1-3pm (Reves Center)
- You only need to attend one immigration check-in. Check-in will also be held during some departmental orientations.
- International Orientation:
- LLM with Legal Advantage: Friday, July 18, Law School
- Masters of Accounting: Tuesday, August 12 (3 – 5pm), Reves Center
- Graduate Arts & Sciences, VIMS, School of Education, JD, LLM (who did not attend Legal Advantange): Friday, August 15 (10am – 2:30pm), Miller Hall
- MBA: Saturday, August 16 (10am – 7pm), Miller Hall
- Additional Activities:
- Vendor Fair: Wednesday, August 13 (4-6pm), Miller Hall
- Shopping Trip to Target: Thursday, August 14 (4-6pm), meet at Reves Center
- New International Graduate Student Reception: Friday, August 22 (4-6pm), Miller Hall
- Undergraduate International Students
- Move In: On campus housing will be available for international students starting the evening of Tuesday, August 19, 2014. Students who arrive earlier must make their own housing arrangements (such as staying in a local hotel).
- Immigration Check-In: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- International Orientation Sessions and Events: Wednesday, August 20 - Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Undergraduate all-student orientation: Friday, August 22 - Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Contact Emily Hogge at [[echogge]] with any orientation questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Williamsburg!