Welcome to W&M!
International Student Orientation is required for new W&M F-1 & J-1 international students and includes:
- Information sessions on your immigration status and campus resources
- Shopping trips and other social activities
- Activities for family members
- Opportunities to meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg
- Tips and tools on how to be successful at W&M
Spring 2018 Orientation Schedule
Come prepared! View the detailed International Orientation Schedule.
Thursday, January 11, 9am-8pm
International Student Welcome and Residence Hall Move-in [Reves Center]
Get welcome information and if you live on-campus, pick up your key and receive help moving into your room. For undergraduate international students, this is the earliest day that you can move into your Residence Hall.
Friday, January 12
- Throughout this day, there will be New Student Orientation for undergraduate students. Please refer to the New Student Orientation schedule for more details.
- Graduate students, check with your department for your schedule.
- Optional Shopping Excursion to Target. Refer to the International Orientation Schedule to sign-up.
Saturday, January 13, 9am-12pm
International Orientation Session [Reves Center]
International Orientation is required for new F-1 & J-1 international students.
Tuesday, January, 23, 7:15-9:30am
Optional Trip to the Social Security Office
Refer to the International Orientation Schedule to sign-up.
Prepare for your arrival by completing the Pre-Arrival Checklist to access information about housing, transportation to W&M, health insurance, etc.
- Login to iStart, using your W&M ID and password
- Click on Pre-Arrival in the menu on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Pre-Arrival Checklist and complete each form
Our New International Students website and the International Student Arrival Guide (pdf) is also great resources for students.
Orientation Requirements and non F-1 & J-1 Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 immigration status are required to attend the International Student Orientation, including exchange students and students transferring to W&M from other U.S. schools.
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There is also a special orientation for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientations with their departments.
- Students who are not in F-1 or J-1 immigration status (e.g., U.S. citizen who lived abroad) but are interested in attending International Student Orientation can contact [[w|ywong,Eva Wong]] for more information.
Questions? Contact [[w|ywong,Eva Wong]]. We look forward to welcoming you to W&M!