Welcome to W&M!
International Student Orientation is required for new W&M F-1 & J-1 international students and includes:
- Information sessions on your immigration status and campus resources
- Shopping trips and other social activities
- Activities for family members
- Opportunities to meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg
- Tips and tools on how to be successful at W&M
Spring 2018 Orientation Dates
International orientation has been scheduled for the following dates. A complete schedule will be available in early December.
- January 11-12: Welcome activities (optional)
- January 13: International Orientation Session (required)
- For undergraduate and exchange students, you will also be required to participate in the New Student Orientation on January 12-16. International Orientation will be incorporated into the New Student Orientation.
Our New International Students website is a great resource for students. Prefer a document that you can print out? Then the International Student Arrival Guide (pdf) is for you!
Orientation Requirements and non F-1 & J-1 Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 immigration status are required to attend the International Student Orientation, including exchange students and students transferring to W&M from other U.S. schools.
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There is also a special orientation for all new undergraduates. Graduate students typically also have orientations with their departments.
- Students who are not in F-1 or J-1 immigration status (e.g., U.S. citizen who lived abroad) but are interested in attending International Student Orientation can contact [[w|ywong,Eva Wong]] for more information.
Complete your immigration check-in within 1 week of your arrival to the U.S.
If you have difficulty, contact the Reves Center for help!
- Login to iStart, using your W&M login
- Select Orientation from the left menu.
- Select Immigration Check-In and complete the Check-In and Immigration Responsibilities forms
Submit both of these forms promptly so we can register your record with Immigration.
Questions? Contact [[w|ywong,Eva Wong]]. We look forward to welcoming you to W&M!