Beginning your study at William & Mary is an exciting opportunity. But as a new university student in the United States – a place with a very different educational system – you may face challenges with language and the different classroom styles and expectations of US professors. William & Mary offers a summer program to help you:
The International Freshmen Advantage Program (IFAP) sets you on the road to success by:
- Offering five weeks of online and ten days of in-person instruction
- Polishing students’ academic writing and oral communication skills
- Introducing students to US classroom expectations – social, cultural, and academic
- Improving students’ basic research and discussion skills, culminating in a guided research project that will be completed on campus
- Providing peer mentoring and opportunities to forge relationships with faculty and students
- Familiarizing students with the wealth of W&M’s academic resources
- Exposing students to various topics related to American culture and emphasizing cross-cultural communication
- Giving students a head start by arriving on campus ten days before international orientation starts
- Immersing students in local culture through a series of excursions
The International Freshmen Advantage Program also includes:
- Pick-up from the Richmond International Airport
- Accommodations on campus in a university residence hall
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university dining hall
- Dates: July 5 – August 15, 2016 (July 5 – August 5 online portion, August 6 – 15 on-campus portion)
- Location: College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Program fee: $1,500. This fee includes five weeks of online (July 5 – August 5, 2016) and ten days of in-person (August 6 – 15, 2016) instruction, with room, meals, airport pick-up, and excursions (flight not included). Online course (without on-site program): $500.
- Program Modules
- Space is limited. First come, first served!
- For more information on this program, please contact the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.