Beginning your study at William & Mary is an exciting opportunity. But as a new university student in the United States -- a place with a very different educational system -- you may face challenges with language and the different classroom styles and expectations of American professors. William & Mary has developed a summer program to help you:
The International Freshmen Advantage Program (IFAP) sets you on the road to success through:
- Early arrival: Arrive a month before the semester starts
- Meeting faculty and learning about academic services
- Daily, small group advanced English language classes
- Training in academic writing and research projects
- Classes in cross-cultural communication
- Opportunities to get to know American and international students
- Learn about regional internship opportunities
- Trips to regional sites, Washington, D.C., and other local cultural outings
The International Freshmen Advantage Program also includes:
- Pick-up from the Richmond International Airport
- Accommodations on campus in a university residence hall
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university dining hall
Take this unique opportunity to learn what you need to succeed at the College of William & Mary.
- Dates: July 20 - August 17, 2015
- Location: College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Program fee: $3800, This fee is inclusive of all of the above (flight not included).
- Space is limited to only 20 students. First come, first served!
- Registration: Complete the Online Interest Form
- For more information on this program, please contact the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programs at email@example.com.