An opportunity to get settled early at W&M and hone your academic writing and presentation skills!
Beginning your study at William & Mary is an exciting opportunity. But as a new university student in the United States – a place with a very different educational system – you may face challenges with language and the different classroom styles and expectations of US professors.
The W&M International Freshmen Advantage Program (IFAP) helps prepare you!
- Participate in an 4 week online class that focuses on academic writing and guides you through the beginning of a research project. Finish that project with an on-site class at W&M!
- Arrive 10 days early to campus to get settled and become familiar with W&M and Williamsburg. You'll already be an expert on W&M before your classmates even arrive to campus!
- Polish your research writing and oral communication skills.
- Become familiar with US classroom expectations – social, cultural, and academic.
- Learn how to take advantage of W&M’s many academic resources to benefit you.
- Explore topics related to American culture. This is done through discussion group and local excursions.
The International Freshmen Advantage Program also includes:
- Pick-up from the Richmond International Airport
- Accommodations on campus in a university residence hall
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university dining hall
- Dates: July 10 – August 21, 2017
- Online class: July 10 – August 4
- On-campus program: August 11 – 21
- Location: College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Program fee: $1,500 - all inclusive: four week online class, 10 day on-campus program, class materials, room, meals, airport pick-up, and local excursions.
- Space is limited.
- For more information on this program, please contact the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programs at email@example.com.