- W&M Reves Center (International Center) issues I-20s for F-1 visas and DS-2019s for J-1 visas for students enrolled full-time in the W&M English Language Program.
- Visa documents (I-20 or DS-2019) are requested through iStart.wm.edu as part of the application process.
- The application fee to the Intensive English Program is $75. Students apply through iStart.wm.edu. Click on the Admissions Tab and you will see the application for the W&M English Language Program.
- The ELP director will review the application and if necessary conduct a short interview by Skype to ensure that the student has the minimum language proficiency required to enroll in the program.
Orientation and Placement Test
- After arrival, students will go through an orientation program.
- The orientation program will cover visa and immigration rules, policies of the W&M English Language Program, and life in the US. An optional shopping trip and tour of campus is also offered.
- The orientation program also includes a placement test of the 4 core language skills: Speaking, Listening, Writing, and Reading.
- The purpose of the placement test is to determine the appropriate level of English classes: Low Intermediate, High Intermediate, Advanced.
- Students register for courses after they have completed the placement test.
- Students must register for 20 hours per week to be considered full-time.
W&M Student ID Cards
- W&M English Language Program students will receive a W&M Student ID card as part of the orientation process.
- The card offers many benefits, including free transportation on the Williamsburg bus and trolley lines and discounts at local businesses.
- Persons on F-2 visas may enroll in the program on a part-time basis.
- Persons on B-2/B-1 or Visa Waiver may enroll in the program on a part-time basis but should consult a W&M Reves Center advisor first.
- Persons on A, E, G, H-4, J-2, K-2, L-2, O-3, R-2 and TD visas may enroll in the program on a full-time or part-time basis
- W&M does not offer conditional admission to its degree programs. However, students in the ELP may apply to an undergraduate or graduate degree program at W&M.
Transcripts and Student Records
- Upon completion of each session or level, each student may request a copy of his/her W&M English Language Program Record.
- The record is issued by the Reves Center and bears an ink stamp with the W&M Reves Center seal.
- There are a few off-campus apartment complexes that offer short and long term contracts and are within 2km of the university. Please see Off-Campus Housing for information.
- On-campus housing (dormitories) are available in summer and in limited cases during the academic year. For details email email@example.com.
- W&M offers pick-up from the Richmond Airport (RIC) for new students.
- The Transportation page of our website has information on air, train and bus transportation to Williamsburg and driving and renting a car in the US.
- Students can ride the Williamsburg bus and trolley system for free with their W&M ID card.
- Students on F-1 and J-1 visas must have health insurance while enrolled in the W&M English Language Program.
- A recommended plan offered by PGH can be found at Health Insurance.