Provided here are the dates for international student orientation and arrival (dates by which students need to be on-campus). Dates follow the Academic Calendars posted by the University Registrar.
Note: The start date on a student's I-20 or DS-2019 will be the "arrival" date. A student's program may require that they arrive a few days earlier than this date. Students may arrive in the U.S. up to 30 days before the start date on their I-20 or DS-2019, but if they will be staying in on-campus housing, they should confirm with [[living, Residence Life]] when they may move in.
Fall Semester 2014
- Early Immigration Check-In will be scheduled June - August
- Immigration Check-In and Welcome Activities: Thursday, August 14
- Welcome Activities & Optional Sessions: Friday, August 15
- International Orientation: Saturday, August 16
- Arrival and Immigration Check-In: Tuesday, August 19
- International Orientation: Wednesday, August 20 and Thursday, August 21
Spring Semester 2015
Graduate and Undergraduate
- Arrival: Wednesday, January 14
- Immigration Check-In: Thursday, January 15
- International Orientation: Saturday, January 17
Dates may change slightly, so wait to make travel plans until receiving information from your department (if you're a graduate student), and your welcome packet from the Reves Center (applies to all international students).