- Available spaces - Some spaces will not be part of the on-line room selection process but may be selected by coming to the Residence Life office (Campus Center 212) when your time block begins. During the online room selection process available spaces may be selected by individuals who do not have a roommate.
- Roommate Groups - How to form a roommate group or search for a potential roommate. (Roommates Guide)
- On-line Room Selection - learn more about the on-line selection process.
- Time Blocks are now available. Contact Residence Life if you did not get an email from Residence Life with your room selection time block.
What's New With Campus Housing For 2017-2018
- Landrum Hall will be off-line for the 2017-2018 academic year for renovations. Landrum will be back on-line for the fall of 2018 with air-conditioning and a fresh new look.
- Flexible Housing, also known at gender neutral or gender inclusive housing, will be expanded as an option for room selection. This year students can select apartments, suites, and it will be an option in our Living Learning Communities. Check out the website for details on Flexible Housing.
- Substance-Free Housing will be relocated to the 3rd floor of Reves Hall. Students who feel they could benefit from substance-free housing can apply for priority housing approval through the Adaptive Housing process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Following an evaluation of space and housing needs there will be some changes to rooms in One Tribe Place. Please visit the Same Room Sign-up page for a list of singles that will be converted to doubles and will not be eligible for same room sign-up.
- Details and decisions regarding the Days Inn are still being made and additional information will be available soon.
All eligible upper-class students who wish to live on campus during the upcoming academic year must join the Room Selection Process.
Housing for incoming freshmen (2017-2018) is managed by a different process ... don't worry. We'll be in touch.
You must be a currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate student for the spring semester 2017 or be readmitted for the fall 2017 semester by Friday, February 17, 2017 (contact the Dean of Students regarding readmission). If you are currently in campus housing you cannot have any outstanding charges with Residence Life.
Step 1: Your Room Reservation Deposit
To join the Room Selection Process you need to pay the $200 non-refundable Room Reservation Deposit. This applies to all students interested in participating in any part of the housing selection process.
Step 2: Submitting your on-line Housing Contract
Accept the terms and conditions of the on-line housing contract prior to spring break. Accepting the terms and conditions does not commit you to housing but allows you to move forward in the room selection process. You are not committed to housing until you accept a space in campus housing; as a individual or as part of a roommate group. New for this year the contract is part of a room selection application where you will also be able to form a roommate room and search for potential roommates. Instructions will be emailed to students about this step in the spring.
Step 3: Prepare for Selection
Many factors will come into play as you prepare to complete the room selection process. Take some time to carefully select roommates (or not) and research your rooming options, learn about time blocks, and how a variety of factors such as opting out and the wait list may affect your final rooming selection. Curious what your chances are for getting into Tribe Square? Check out past year stats.
Step 4: Online Room Selection
Learn what to expect from online room selection before the beginning of your time block. Do you need to create a Roommate Group in the housing system? Do you need to all log in together? What if you don't have a time block? Find out. Knowing what to expect from the system is key to reducing your stress.