Students are required to accept the terms and conditions of housing prior to receiving their room selection time block. Instructions will be emailed to students after the deposit deadline.
The deadline to pay the $200 room reservation deposit to participate in the 2018 Graduate Room Selection Process is Friday, February 16, 2018. The Graduate Room Selection Process is for currently enrolled graduate students only (enrolled and register as graduate students for the spring 2018 semester). New incoming Graduate students for 2018-2019 are not eligible to participate the the room selection process and should complete the on-line housing application after being admitted into their program.
ROOM SELECTION PROCESS ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a currently enrolled, full-time graduate student.
- You must pay the $200 room reservation deposit by the Friday, February 16, 2018 deadline.
- You cannot have any outstanding charges with Residence Life.
All currently enrolled full-time graduate students who wish to live in Graduate housing for the 2018-2019 academic year must pay a non-refundable $200.00 Room Reservation Deposit by February 16, 2018. Each student who pays a deposit will be eligible to select housing in the Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans Residences (a.k.a. "The Graduate Complex") during the room selection process.
GRADUATE ROOM SELECTION TIMELINE
|Monday, November 6, 2017||Room Selection deposits begin being accepted.|
|Friday, February 16, 2018||Deadline to Pay the non-refundable Room Reservation Deposit.
The $200.00 deposit must be paid by cash or check made payable to "The College of William and Mary", and will be applied towards the first semester's rent. The deposit must be paid at the Cashier's Window in Blow Hall by 5:00pm on February 18, 2018 or on-line through the on-line payment options by 11:59pm.
|Week of March 5-9||
Room selection notification information will be made available. Students will be emailed when time blocks are available.
|Monday, March 19, 2018||
Same Room Sign-up
If a current graduate student living in the Graduate Complex pays the $200 room reservation deposit, they are eligible to stay in their current room/apartment (same room sign-up), provided the status of their apartment has not changed (ex: converted to a staff space). All students who fall into this category and would like to stay in their room must come to Residence Life between 8:00am - 5:00pm to select housing.
Grad students interested in same room sign-up but are unable to get to Residence Life during the designated time should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who do not want to remain in their current room/apartment, and want to select another available room/apartment can do so online on March 22.
|Thursday, March 22, 2018||
Online Room Selection Process
The selection process will take place on March 22, 2018 between 9:00am - 11:00pm. Once a person's room selection window is open, they will be able to log into the room selection system and select a room at the Graduate Complex. Rooms within apartments at the Graduate Complex are selected individually so students hoping to live together in an apartment should try to coordinate their selection.
Grad students are not required to form roommate groups when selecting; each space in an apartment can be selection individually.
If a given apartment does not have full occupancy after the Room Selection process, apartment-mates will be assigned from among the new graduate students enrolling for the Fall 2018 semester.
|After Room Selection||
If you are an enrolled Graduate student at W&M during the spring 2018 semester and did not participate in the Room Selection Process, you will need to stop by Residence Life and complete a Housing Application should you later decide that you are interested in College housing.
Per Semester Room Rates for the Graduate Complex: Rates for 2018-2019 are Projected until the BOV meet in April.
|Graduate Complex Doubles||$TBD|
|Graduate Triples and Quads||$TBD|
The 2018-2019 Graduate Complex Housing dates:
|Academic Year Contract||August 11, 2018 - May 14, 2018|
|Academic Year & Summer Contract||August 12, 2017 - August 4, 2018|
Payable at Cashier's Window, 1st floor Blow Memorial Hall -- 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Before 5:00pm - Friday, February 16, 2018
Students may begin paying the $200 room reservation deposit on Monday, November 6, 2017.
The $200 Room Reservation Deposit is a Non-Refundable Deposit.
The Opt Out process does not apply to graduate students because the number of graduate deposits paid does not exceed the amount of space available in Graduate Housing.
On-line payments close on Friday, February 16, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Access the New Online Payment System by completing the following steps:
- Log into Banner Self Service
- Select Student
- Select Student Account
- Select eServices
- Select eDeposits - you must select this in order for your deposit to be accurately applied to your account for room selection
- Select Term - Fall 2018 and Deposit Account - Returning Student Housing-200.00
- Click continue to provide payment information.
Note, when paying online:
- There will be an additional service fee for paying by credit card that is estimated to be around $5.50.
- There is no service fee for paying by e-check.
- In order for a parent or other third party to make a payment for a student, the student must make that person an authorized user on their e-services account.
- Be sure to confirm your information before submitting your deposit, including verifying the student name, ID number and account number.
- A $50.00 returned item fee will be applied to your student account for any item returned unpaid for any reason.
- Any questions about paying online should be directed to Student Accounts.
- gets married (a copy of the marriage certificate is required for verification);
- is accepted in a William and Mary approved Study Abroad program;
- is academically dismissed;
- is required to withdraw due to medical reasons; or
- officially withdraws from the university.
2018 Summer Work at the Grad Complex is TBA