Graduate Room Selection
Room Selection 2013
The deadline to pay the $200 room reservation deposit to participate in the 2013 Graduate Room Selection Process is Friday, February 15, 2013. The Graduate Room Selection Process is for currently enrolled graduate students only (enrolled and register for the spring 2013 semester). New Graduate are not eligible to participate the the room selection process and should complete the on-line housing application.
ROOM SELECTION PROCESS ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a currently enrolled, full-time graduate student.
- You must pay the $200 room reservation deposit by the February 15, 2013 deadline.
- If you are currently in campus housing, you must have your $75.00 room damage deposit on file.
- You cannot have any outstanding damage charges with Residence Life.
All currently enrolled full-time graduate students who wish to live in Graduate housing for the 2013-2014 academic year must pay a non-refundable $200.00 Room Reservation Deposit by February 15, 2013. Each student who pays a deposit will be eligible to select housing in the Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans Residences (a.k.a. "The Graduate Complex") during the room selection process.
GRADUATE ROOM SELECTION TIMELINE
|February 15, 2013||Deadline to Pay Room Reservation Deposit.
The $200.00 deposit must be paid by cash or check made payable to "The College of William and Mary", and will be applied towards the first semester's rent. The deposit must be paid at the Cashier's Window in Blow Hall by 5:00p.m. on February 15, 2013 or on-line through the on-line payment options.
|Week of March 4-8||
Room selection notification information will be made available.
|March 19, 2013||
Same Room Sign-up
If a current graduate student living in the Graduate Complex pays the $200 room reservation deposit, they are eligible to stay in their current room/apartment (same room sign-up), provided the status of their apartment has not changed (ex: converted to a staff space). All students who fall into this category and would like to stay in their room must come to the Residence Life Office between 8:00am - 5:00pm to sign a housing contract.
Grad students interested in same room sign-up but are unable to get to Residence Life during the designated time should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who do not want to remain in their current room/apartment, and want to select another available room/apartment can do so online on March 21.
|March 21, 2013||
Online Room Selection Process
The selection process will take place on March 21, 2013 between 9:00am - 11:00pm. Once a person's room selection window is open, they will be able to log into the room selection system and select a room at the Graduate Complex. Rooms within apartments at the Graduate Complex are selected individually so students hoping to live together in an apartment should try to coordinate their selection.
Review the myHousing Guide (ppt): This presentation provides instructions and screen shots for the on-line selection system. Grad students are not required to form roommate groups when selecting; each space in an apartment can be selection individually.
If a given apartment does not have full occupancy after the Room Selection process, apartment-mates will be assigned from among the new graduate students enrolling for the Fall 2013 semester.
|After Room Selection||
If you are an enrolled Graduate student at W&M during the spring 2013 semester and did not participate in the Room Selection Process, you will need to stop by the Residence Life Office and complete a Housing Application should you later decide that you are interested in College housing.
Per Semester Room Rates for the Graduate Complex: Rates for 2013-2014 are Projected 2013-2014 until the BOV meet in April.
|Graduate Complex Doubles||$3338
|Graduate Triples and Quads||$3288|
The 2013-2014 Graduate Complex Housing dates:
|Academic Year Contract||August 10, 2013 - May 12, 2014|
|12-month Contract||August 10, 2013 - August 2, 2014|
Payable at Cashier's Window, 1st floor Blow Memorial Hall -- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Before 5:00pm - February 15, 2013
Students may begin paying the $200 room reservation deposit in early December.
The $200 Room Reservation Deposit is a Non-Refundable Deposit.
The Opt Out process does not apply to graduate students because the number of graduate deposits paid does not exceed the amount of space available in Graduate Housing.
on-line payments are now being accepted. - On-line payments close on February 15 at 11:59p.m.
Access the New Online Payment System by completing the following steps:
- Log into Banner Self Service
- Select Student
- Select eServices
- Select eDeposits
- Select Term - Fall 2013 and Deposit Account - Returning Student Housing-200.00
- Click continue to provide payment information.
Note, when paying online:
- There will be an additional service fee for paying by credit card that is estimated to be around $5.50.
- The online payment option does not accept VISA.
- There is no service fee for paying by e-check.
- In order for a parent or other third party to make a payment for a student, the student must make that person an authorized user on their e-services account.
- Be sure to confirm your information before submitting your deposit, including verifying the student name, ID number and account number.
- A $50.00 returned item fee will be applied to your student account for any item returned unpaid for any reason.
There are only a few circumstances under which a Graduate student can request a refund of the $200 deposit. If a student:
- gets married (a copy of the marriage certificate is required for verification);
- is accepted in a William and Mary approved Study Abroad program;
- is academically dismissed;
- is required to withdraw due to medical reasons; or
- transfers to another institution (copy of acceptance letter to the institution is required for verification).