Welcome to Brown Hall! Brown is situated at the edge of Colonial Williamsburg (CW) at the corner of Prince George and North Boundary Streets. Residents have immediate access to CW, Aroma’s (a popular coffee shop), the College Bookstore and the Campus Center. Popular among students, the Marketplace and the Candy Counter are located in the Campus Center.
Seventy-two freshman residents live in singles, doubles and a quad on three floors. The first floor has two lounges and a large sunroom. Outside of Brown is a side yard which is great for picnics. The duty office , located in Hunt Hall, allows residents access to vacuum cleaners, DVD players, and other amenities.
What is the history behind Brown Hall? It was built in 1930 by the Women’s Missionary Society of the Virginia Methodist Conference with funds donated from Mrs. Edward Brown. The building originally served as a residence for Methodist women students at the College, and it was purchased by the College in 1939.
- Co-ed housing
- Hall bath, suite, & private baths (see room descriptions)
- Wireless access
- Public Phone Locations & Numbers
- Street Address: 107 N. Boundary Street