- Check-in Times & Locations
- Parking Locations
- What to Expect at Check-in
- What You Will Need at Check-in
- What to Bring
- Early Arrivals
- Directions to Campus
- First-Year Housing Map & Data
- Move-In Map (pdf)
- Moving In: A Guide for Parents and Guardians
|FOR RESIDENTS OF:||CHECK-IN LOCATION|
|Botetourt Complex (Gooch, Dinwiddie, Fauquier, Nicholson & Spotwood Halls)||Gooch Hall: 100C Wake Dr.|
|Brown Hall||Brown Hall: 107 N. Boundary Street|
|Griffin Hall - Green & Gold Village||Griffin A: 700 Ukrop Way|
|Eagle and Lion Halls - Green and Gold Village||Eagle F: 700 Ukrop Way|
|Hunt Hall||Taliaferro Hall: 112 Jamestown Road|
|Jefferson Hall||Jefferson Hall: 231 Jamestown Road|
|Monroe Hall||Monroe Hall: 226 Richmond Road|
|Taliaferro Hall||Taliaferro Hall: 112 Jamestown Road|
|Yates Hall||Yates Hall: 600 Ukrop Way|
For your convenience, spaces have been specifically designated as unloading zones. They will have reserved signs marked Unloading Zone for Move-In. Please help facilitate check-in by using these areas only for unloading and by relocating your vehicle immediately after unloading. The fine for failure to move your vehicle within one hour or parking illegally on grass or sidewalks may range from $30 - $60, depending on towing.
|These unloading zones will be in effect:|
|Friday, August 21||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday, August 22||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sunday, August 23||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Monday, August 24||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, August 25||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Unloading Zones in Freshman Areas: (subject to change)|
|Brown Hall||Spaces in front of the building along N. Boundary St.|
|Botetourt Complex||Resident spaces on both sides of Wake Drive|
|Green & Gold Village||Unloading on interior driveway of Green & Gold Village|
|Hunt Hall||Small lot in front of building|
|Jefferson Hall||Metered spaces in Ewell Circle|
|Monroe Hall||Four faculty/staff spaces at the end of James Blair Drive and the left side faculty/staff spaces in front of Monroe Hall.|
|Taliaferro Hall||Vehicles may drive from Facilities Management up to the designated are on the East side of Taliaferro. Drivers will exit the same way.|
|Yates Hall||All Yates parking lot|
Remember: Parking Services will strictly enforce No-Parking zones which include: sidewalks, walkways or grassy areas. Please help the College maintain the beauty of the campus by parking in designated areas only!
When you arrive on campus, you will be directed to a residence hall where Residence Life staff will be available to issue you a key and other important check-in materials. Student volunteers will then help unload your vehicle so that it can be moved to a permanent parking space. You can then proceed with moving your belongings to your room!
- A photo ID.
- Hall Council Dues - dues vary from building to building but averages $25-$30 for programming in the hall. This is an optional fee used for both educational and social programming in the halls. It also is used for the purchase of vacuums, DVD players, TVs, and microwaves, and other hall improvements as determined by the Hall Council.
- Clearance from the Health Center on the Health Form, including immunizations. If you have not heard from the Health Center, you can assume you are okay.
- Patience. Our staff will do the best they can to check you in quickly; however, circumstances sometimes occur beyond their control that may slow up the process. Remember that many of our check-in days have been fairly hot so a little extra patience could make the day go more smoothly for everyone!
Individuals who need to arrive early may find it beneficial to make arrangements with the Williamsburg Hotel/Motel Association for accommodations (1-800-999-4485) or visit their web site at www.gowilliamsburg.com. Sorry, but we will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.
The College is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to property resulting from fire, theft, casualty or any cause, or for personal injury occurring within the leased premises, except as may be required by Virginia law. It is strongly recommended that personal property insurance be obtained by each student for his or her belongings. Renter's insurance is offered by most major insurance companies; some companies actually offer the option of a rider on a homeowner's policy to cover the belongings of students away at college. We recommend that you contact your current insurance provider or visit these informational websites quotes, guide, reviews, to examine your options.