March 17 applications available at Residence Life and on-line (Campus Center 212)
March 24 applications reviews start and candidates interviewed until all positions are filled.
April 21 all final job offers/notification
April TBA 4pm at Campus Center 212, brief orientation meeting
May 16 Assistants begin work and move into summer housing
August 17-18 Assistants move into their Fall Assignments
August 25 Assistants end work (There will be an opportunity to continue working into the following week)
- Must be a William and Mary student. You may take summer classes; however, preference will be given to those students not taking any classes during the summer session.
- May have to work on your feet for long periods of time. Candidates should be able to finish tasks independently, and be skilled in Word and Excel.
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Must be able to commit to work hours ranging from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon. through Fri.
- Activities and commitments outside working hours must not interfere with inspector’s ability to fulfill job responsibilities
- Employment begins May 16 and ends August 25.
Facilities Assistants are employees and representatives of Residence Life and the College of William and Mary. As such, they are expected to conduct themselves in a mature and responsible manner, abiding by all policies, rules and regulations set forth by the College and the Office of Residence Life.
- Competitive pay for a summer job ($10.00/hr)
- Free air conditioned housing and a chance to stay in Williamsburg for the summer
- Become more familiar with campus and Facilities / Residence Life operations
- Have fun (while working hard) and make new friends
Facilities Assistant Position Description:
- Facilities Assistants will work under the supervision of Facilities Management to do the following:
- Assist in inventorying fire safety equipment, furniture and other items in the Residence Halls.
- Assist in inventories and compiling lists of needed repairs as well as inspect that maintenance items have been completed.\
- Assist in escorting vendors through the halls during the course of furniture deliveries, maintenance and renovations of buildings.
- Assist Facilities Management with receiving college shipments and distributing parcels across campus.
- Assist Residence Life in other projects and tasks that may need to be completed in the Residence Halls.