Every club member practicing, participating, or traveling with the club must complete a club-specific waiver for the current academic year for Campus Recreation to keep on file. Only members on the official club roster may participate in club activities.
Why do club members need to complete and sign the Waiver / Agreement to Participate form?
If you've ever participated in an activity with the potential for risk that is sponsored by any organization, you've probably signed a release form and completed an emergency contact form in the case of illness, injury, or accident. Think of a time you might have gone whitewater rafting, entered a running race, triathlon, gone bungee jumping, gone horseback riding, etc. etc. (the list goes on). Agreement to Participate forms seek to inform participants of the potential for risk involved with a particular activity before participating in the activity.
As a recognized Sport Club, you and your club members are part of the William and Mary organization. The William and Mary organization, therefore, wants to inform each participant if the potential for accidents while engaging in college sponsored activities. It is absolutely necessary that each participant understands the possibility of accidents before practicing or playing with the sport club. This is why the Waiver/Agreement to Participate Form is required.
Steps for processing waivers:
- Every new club member must complete a waiver before participating in any Sport Club activity
- online waivers are required for all participants, but for those under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign Form W and either email or fax it to the Sport Club office
- participants under 18 years of age may not participate in any activity, including tryouts, until Form W is returned to the Sport Club office
- paper waivers may be used temporarily at practices for new members, but an online version must be submitted within a week
- to participate in multiple clubs, a new waiver must be submitted for each sport club
Other Safety Forms
Some clubs may need to fill out additional forms: