If you must use a non-registered eVA vendor, then you must comply with the following instructions:
- Ask vendor to register.
- If vendor refuses, ask if they are willing to pay the 1% transaction fee.
- If unsuccessful, search eVA for a registered vendor for your purchase.
- If unsuccessful, document your efforts for all the above actions in the "comments" section including contact names.
- When creating your requisition in eVA, be sure to change the PO category from "R01" to "R02" (see Additional Use of "R02" reminder below).
- Create the non-registered vendor as an ad hoc vendor as you create your requisition in eVA.
- Enter the vendor's TRUE federal tax identification number.
- Note in the "comments" section if the vendor does not agree to pay the transaction fee. Provide the name of the person with whom you spoke.
- Remember to print your purchase order and fax or mail it to the vendor.
Additional Use of "R02" Designation in eVA-Reminder
Change the PO category from "R0" to "R02" when the purchase is one of the transaction types appearing on the eVA Exclusions List (pdf).