As a state institution of higher education and part of the Virginia Association for State colleges and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP), the college operates under the commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA). William and Mary is classified as a Level III school, which allows for the greatest autonomy and to ensure the quality of higher education in the Commonwealth.
eVA self-registered vendors
One of the requirements to ensure the College maintains this restructured status is to utilize eVA for all of the College's purchasing needs. Utilizing eVA self-registered vendors for your department's purchasing needs is the best way to ensure compliance. Find eVA self-registered vendors by searching by vendor's name of keyword.
eVA's database now includes state-entered vendors due to the initiative to accurately report purchasing by vendors. To ensure the vendor you are looking for is a self-registered vendor, check the first column on the left, Status, either 'State' or 'Self' will show underneath the vendor's status.
If the vendor is a state-entered vendor or not yet listed on the eVA vendor list, check Vendor Registration Information for details on how to proceed.
Use of Vendors not self-registered with eVA
- Ask vendor to register.
- If unsuccessful, search eVA for a registered vendor for your purchase.
- If unsuccessful, document your efforts for all the above actions in the "comments" section including contact names and dates of the request.
- When creating your requisition in eVA, be sure to change the PO category from "R01" to "R02" (see Additional Use of "R02" reminder below).
- Create the non-registered vendor as an 'ad hoc' vendor as you create your requisition in eVA.
- Enter the vendor's TRUE federal tax identification number.
- Remember to print your purchase order and fax or mail it to the vendor.
Additional Use of "R02" Designation in eVA-Reminder
Change the PO category from "R01" to "R02" when the purchase is one of the transaction types appearing on the eVA Exclusions List (pdf).