Organize alternative breaks on weekends
We are recruiting new site leaders to plan and run Branch Out Regional alternative breaks for 2015-16. Here's what we're about and how to apply.
- Commitment to community engagement
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in leadership styles and issue topics
- Ability and willingness to make time commitment to the program – including mandatory training sessions and overnight retreat
Plan and co-lead group of 10 students in one Branch Out Regional trip each semester (or two, if you like)
Before the trip:
- Attend mandatory Site Leader trainings (throughout the Fall) and September retreat
- Become van safety training certified
- Plan and work with service site (and, if applicable, lodging) contacts before trips
- Communicate regularly with and work with OCE staff and Student Directors, and your team
- Plan pre-trip education sessions
During the trip:
- Manage budget for your trips
- Communicate with your team and build a group dynamic
- Facilitate reflection activities on the trip
- Commit to substance-free policy
After the trip:
- Plan post-break reorientation meeting
- Participate in Branch Out wide Reorientation programs
Please fill out our application online before Monday, April 6 at noon.Interviews will take place the week of April 6; please sign up online some time between April 4 and April 6 at noon.
Questions? [[mcporter, Melody Porter]], Associate Director, OCE, or the Student Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.