Organize alternative breaks on weekends
We are recruiting new site leaders to plan and run Branch Out Regional alternative breaks for 2014-15! Here's what we're about and how to apply.
- Commitment to community engagement
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in leadership styles and issue topics
- Ability and willingness to make time commitment to the program – including mandatory training sessions and overnight retreat
- Plan and co-lead group of 10 students in one Branch Out Regional trip each semester
- Plan and work with service site (and, if applicable, lodging) contacts before trips
- Communicate regularly with and work with OCE staff and Student Directors
- Attend mandatory Site Leader trainings (throughout the Fall) and September retreat
- Manage budget for your trips
- Communicate with your team before, during and after the trip
- Facilitate reflection activities on the trip and plan pre-trip education and post-break reorientation meeting
- Commit to substance-free policy
- Become van safety training certified
- Participate in Branch Out wide Reorientation programs
Please fill out our application online before Friday, March 28 at 5 pm.Interviews will take place the week of April 1; please sign up online by March 31 at 5 pm.
Questions? [[mcporter, Melody Porter]], Associate Director, OCE, or Student Directors at email@example.com.