Apply to be a Site Leader!
Organize alternative breaks on weekends
We are recruiting new site leaders to plan and run Branch Out Regional alternative breaks for 2013 - 14! Here's what we're about and how to apply.
- Commitment to community engagement
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in leadership styles and issue topics
- Ability and willingness to make time commitment to the program – including mandatory training sessions and overnight retreat
- Plan and co-lead group of 10 students in one Branch Out Regional trip each semester
- Plan and work with service site (and, if applicable, lodging) contacts before trips
- Communicate regularly with and work with OCE staff and Student Directors
- Attend mandatory Site Leader trainings and retreat
- Manage budget for your trips
- Communicate with your team before, during and after the trip
- Facilitate reflection activities on the trip and plan pre-trip education and post-break reorientation meeting
- Commit to substance-free policy
- Become van safety training certified
- Participate in Branch Out wide Reorientation programs
Email a document with the subject line of “Last Name, First Name, BOR SL” and the following information to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 3, at 5 pm. Please include the following information:
- Your name, graduation year, birthday, major(s), cell phone number, 93 number.
- How did you hear about Branch Out Regional?
- Do you plan to study abroad in the coming academic year? If so, which semester?
The answers to these questions, limited to 2-3 paragraphs each:
you participated in an alternative break before? If yes, please
describe your experience. If no, please describe previous community engagement experience.
- What are your expectations for this position? Why do you want to be a Site Leader?
- What is a social issue that you are interested in? Why?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received? Who said it and why?
- List of current and (relevant past) activities, position and time commitment associated. How do you plan to balance these commitments with being a Branch Out Regional Site Leader?
- Please include an electronic signature and date on the application, indicating your commitment to follow all guidelines and responsibilities of serving as a Site Leader for BORs.
Interviews will take place April 4 - 9; please sign up online by April 3 at 5 pm.
Contact for More Information: [[mcporter, Melody Porter]], Associate Director, OCE, or Student Directors firstname.lastname@example.org.