Branch Out National 2015-2016
Apply to participate in a winter break trip! In addition to its spring break trips, Branch Out National is sponsoring a winter break trip this year to work with Big Cyprus National Preserve in southern Florida from January 3rd-8th. The trip will focus on the issue of public land usage, conservation, & restoration. Participant applications will open November 2nd. The trip cost is $350, and financial aid is available.
Apply to participate in a spring break trip! The "Early Decision" lottery for participants is now open and will be accepting applications through November 17th. This is our way of allowing people who are committed to joining an alternative spring break to do so early, and have their plans set before winter break even begins.
Students participating in the winter break trip, or who are accepted to spring break trips through the early decision lottery, should be aware of the following dates and deadlines:
- Trip decisions announced: Wednesday, November 18
- Financial aid applications due: Friday, November 20 at 12:00p.m.
- Financial aid awards announced: Tuesday, November 24
- Trip payment due*: Monday, November 30 at 5:00 p.m.
The regular lottery for participants will open January 11, 2016. Important dates and deadlines for students registering for trips during January recruitment are as follows:
- Lottery open for participant registration: January 11-30
- Information Session for spring break trips: Tuesday, January 26
- Trip decisions announced: Sunday, January 31
- Financial aid applications due: Tuesday, February 2
- Financial aid decisions announced: Wednesday, February 3
- First team meeting and trip payment due*: Friday, February 5 from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Spring breaks trips travel: March 5 -13, 2016
*Students participating in spring break trips may also take advantage of the payment plan, the dates for which are as follows:
- Monday, November 30: $100 deposit due for early decision participants
- Friday, February 5: $100 deposit due for regular decision participants
- Monday, February 15: $50 due
- Monday, February 22: $50 due
- Monday, February 29: $50
- We are also happy to work with students to devise an individualized payment plan, should they require one. If you have questions about the payment plan, please contact Rachel Neely.