- Version: X Windows Client for Windows, Ver. 2012
- Operating System: Windows
- For: X-Win works as long as one of the end-points is in the W&M or VIMS IP space.
- License: Email [[support]] to license verions prior to X Win 2011.
- Download Now (36 MB)
X-Win32 allows you to quickly, easily and securely connect your Windows computer to any Solaris, HP/UX, AIX or Linux system. This program provides a secure X-Windows connection to or from a College of William & Mary or Virginia Institute of Marine Science system.
- Download the X-Win32 2012.msi file to your computer.
- Double-click on the X-Win32 2012.msi file on your local system.
- You will need to license the program by launching X Win 32 during the first connection attempt you will be prompted for License Activation. Please use the drop-down menu for Activation Key and choose License Server and enter the following information license.campus.wm.edu leave the port option blank - hit Enter and you will recieve a dialogue box that indicates the Activation succeeded and a license file was created.
- If you have a version prior to X Win 2011 and do not wish to upgrade you will need to call the Technology Support Center for instructions.