- Operating System: Windows
- Cost: Free
- Download F-Secure SSH Client Now (6 MB)
F-Secure provides a secure method for transferring files by creating a secure transmission tunnel for data. When used with X-Win32, F-Secure provides a secure connection to or from a College of William & Mary system. It is strongly recommended F-Secure SSH Client be used in conjunction with X Windows Client!
It is strongly recommended to use F-Secure as your SSH program in conjunction with X-Win32. While other SSH programs should work, F-Secure is the only one supported by IT. Also, these programs do work really well together.
Download copies of both fsssh520winb34-clt.exe and x-win602sf.exe to a temporary location on your hard drive (your Desktop is a good choice). The following instructions detail how to install both F-Secure SSH and X-Win32.
- Double-click on the fsssh520winb34-clt.exe file on your local system.
- Click Next at the initial InstallShield Wizard screen.
- Click Next at the Welcome screen.
- Click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Enter William & Mary's Keycode: GAL3-1PGC-TZNL-EQ7Q-3H6M then click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default installation location.
- Click Next to accept F-Secure SSH Client as the program folder in start menu.
- Choose "Common program group," then click Next.
- Ensure "Add F-Secure SSH Client installation directory into path" is checked; "Add F-Secure SSH Client icons to the desktop" is optional; click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Now you're ready to install X-Win32.