- Version: MiniTab 17 and 18
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Minitab Express is available in the TSC and is a lightweight version for MAC OSX.
- Users: W&M Faculty, Staff, and Students only.
- Cost: Free
- Installation: Please visit the Technology Support Center in Jones 201 to install Minitab.
MINITAB statistical software is a comprehensive statistical and graphical analysis software package used by educators around the world. It is the leading package used in Six Sigma and other quality improvement projects, and is widely known for its comprehensive collection of methods, reliability, and unsurpassed ease-of-use.
Contact the Technology Support Center for installation media.
W&M Licensed Software. Restricted to Faculty, Staff, & Student Use Only
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY PRIOR TO LOADING THE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER: This is a legal agreement between "You" (either an individual or single legal entity) and Minitab Inc. governing the use of the software product identified above ("Software"). By loading the enclosed Software on Your computer, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, prior to loading the Software on Your computer, you should promptly return the Software package to the place of purchase for a full refund, or contact Minitab Inc.
The type of license offered you by this Agreement (for "annual" or "perpetual" use) is listed on the back of the media sleeve.
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to Perpetual Use Licenses;
- You are granted a license to use this Software in perpetuity, subject to the terms, fees, conditions, restrictions, and limitations contained herein and on the applicable Minitab Price List.
- This Software may be used on any compatible computer, even if attached to a network, provided that the Software is loaded on only one computer and used by only one user at a time.
- Minitab Inc. will provide reasonable amounts of technical support to Registered Users for so long as this Software is generally distributed by Minitab Inc. to customers, and for one (1) year thereafter.
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to Annual Use Licenses;
- You are granted a license to use this Software for a period of one year, subject to the terms, fees, conditions, restrictions and limitations contained herein and on the applicable Minitab Price List.
- The annual license fee from our then-current Price List governs the number of users permitted to use this Software. The number of licensed users of the Software may be increased during the term(s) of this license by paying additional user fees for the time remaining in your then-current license term.
- This license may be renewed for additional one-year terms by paying the then-current annual license fee, or by issuing to Us a written purchase order or other written or electronic confirmation of Your intent to renew. All terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply during the renewal term(s).
- Minitab Inc. will provide routine maintenance to Registered Users during the term(s) of the license, including reasonable amounts of technical support and all program updates and new releases of the Software as they become available.
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to Both Perpetual and Annual Use Licenses;
- This agreement authorizes You to use the Software only on a computer owned or leased by You. Use of the software on a computer owned by a third party is prohibited.
- Should You elect to terminate Your use of the Software, You will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the license fee.
- This Agreement will be governed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, USA.
- You may make copies of the Software for each licensed user and for archival and back-up purposes.
- Minitab Inc. may terminate this license for material breach by you. Upon termination, you agree to stop using, and to destroy all copies of, the Software licensed hereunder.
- You may not disassemble, de-compile, or reverse engineer this Software in any way.
- This Software license may not be assigned or otherwise transferred to another without our written permission.
- This Software may not be exported without the appropriate export license.
- All license fees are exclusive of any tariffs, duties, or taxes imposed or levied by a government or governmental agency.
- The Software is the property of Minitab Inc. or its licensors and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties.
- This Software and its documentation are provided to the U.S. Federal Government in a transaction subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulations with Restricted Rights. Use, duplication, or disclosure of the software by the government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR 52.227-19 Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights (48 CFR 52.227-19). Contractor/Licensor is Minitab Inc., Quality Plaza, 1829 Pine Hall Road, State College, Pennsylvania 16801, USA.
- The terms of this License Agreement do not apply if this Software has been furnished to you pursuant to a separate, written license agreement executed by both parties.
- Any conflicting terms contained in a purchase order for the Software submitted by You which has not been executed by Minitab Inc. are expressly rejected.
Minitab Inc. warrants that we have the right to grant this License to use this Software and that the functions contained in this Software will operate without substantial program errors. In the event of a breach of the above warranties, you will be entitled to a refund of all sums paid by you for the right to use this Software during that license term, as your sole and exclusive remedy for such breach. This Software is provided under this Agreement AS IS, without warranty of any kind except as set forth above. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MINITAB, INC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, COMMISSIONAIRES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR SALES REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation may not apply to you.