The College has a new ID system - CBORD’s CS Gold, which supports all door access and security needs as well as all vending, laundry, copy center, and dining transactions. The new system also integrates with Banner to allow data sharing between the two systems. Equipment such as cash registers, laundry readers, vending machine transaction readers were replaced with modern versions over the summer. Door access control panels are still in process of being replaced, but we expect the work to conclude in early fall.
New Online Services
There are some perks to getting a new ID System. Check-out these new mobile-friendly system we have:
- TribeCard Center (tribecard.wm.edu) - lets you check your W&M Express balance, transaction history or report your card lost/stolen.
- GET Funds (getfunds.wm.edu) - is where you can deposit funds on your W&M Express account.
Lost or Stolen Card
Can't find your card? Here's the steps you should take to deactivate your card and obtain a new card. Temporary cards will no longer be issued.
- Deactivate your old card. You can deactivate your card online through the TribeCard Center at www.tribecard.wm.edu. Stolen cards should be reported to the police.
- Get a new card. Cards can be reprinted at the ID Office during normal business hours, or at the William & Mary Police station after business hours. The card replacement fee is $23. If the card is reprinted at the William & Mary Police station, the charge will be billed by the ID Office on the following business day. Temporary cards will no longer be issued.
A Work in Progress - Entryways & Vending Machines
You may still notice some work being done on building entryways. Most residence halls have been completed, but academic buildings are still being converted to the new system. During conversions you may find doors propped-open but should note that work is being completed in the building.
W&M vending machines, laundry machines, and copiers that have been converted to the new system AND have network access will accept W&M Express in addition to cash. All others will only accept cash. We expect to have all machines converted to the new system and on the network shortly. Find a machine that accepts W&M Express.
Need help with a specific function of your ID card? A list of contacts for ID related services can be found at ID Support.
Door Access Permissions
Why can't I get in here? Think you should be able to get into a building, but can't? It's frustrating, we know. We may need to adjust your door access permissions. Here's who to talk to about that:
If you need immediate assistance during non-business hours, contact William & Mary Police. However, they will require verification of your access privileges.
|Academic/Administrative Building||Your Supervisor and/or Building Supervisor|
Hiring a Contractor
Current generic access cards will not be issued to a company; instead, contractor employees will be issued assigned cards. This will associate a specific person with building access, leading to more accurate tracking and building security. They will need a W&M Sponsor to obtain an ID Card (usually the person that contracted their service).
ALL contractor employees entering W&M buildings need a personal W&M ID card for door access. More information about contractor accounts
- Collect personal information from contractor - You will need their full name, date of birth, home address, phone number, and personal email address.
- Create an Account - Use Request IT to submit a request for an affiliate account (in the Service Requests category). Include the building access that the contractor will need on the form. This may be a list of specific buildings or a predetermined group of buildings. For example: buildings with Pepsi vending machines.
- Inform Contractor - Inform the contractor that you have submitted the request. They will need to wait one business day before picking-up their new card at the ID office.