This Service Level Agreement outlines Printer support provided to Departments at The College William and Mary by Information Technology .
TSC Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM, except certain holidays.
It is the responsibility of the Department to perform the following actions to prevent system damage and to facilitate repair.
- Purchase manufacturer recommend replacement toner
- Protect paper used in printers from moisture
The Technology Support Center provides two tiers of support. Support is provided by telephone at 757-221-4357 (1-HELP on campus), by email at email@example.com, or in person at Jones Hall, Room 208.
Tier 1 Support
Tier 1 support is provided for Printers purchased through IT's Dell Printer Program that are currently under warranty. Out of warranty printers purchased through the Dell Printer Program will fall under Tier 2 support.
Tier 1 Support
|Initial Inspection||IT will dispatch a technician to the printer location and perform and intial assesment of the issue within 1 business day.|
|Hardware Repair||IT will repair printers under warranty within 3 business days.|
In the event that IT is unable to repair your printer within 3 business days, you have the option to request a loaner printer.
Tier 2 Support
Tier 2 support is provided for Printers NOT purchased through IT's Dell Printer Program or are currently out of warranty.
Tier 2 Support
|Intial Inspection||IT will dispatch a technician to the printer location and perform and intial assesment of the issue within 1 business day.|
|Hardware Repair||All hardware repairs will be performed by outside vendor (currently Printer & Fax World) and billed back to the department.**|
|Loaner Printer||No loaner printer available.|
** The current rates for repairs are $70 Labor for B&W plus Parts, $125 Labor per hour for Color (up to 3 hours) plus parts. We anticipate that these prices will rise sharply in the next 12 months.
This SLA does not cover the following printer types:
- Ricoh Copier, Printer or All-in-ones (Contact support number listed on the device)
- Inkjet or Deskjet printers (Department responsible for all repairs & maintenance)
- Small desktop Laser Printers (Department responsible for all repairs & maintenance)
- Wireless printers are not permitted on the faculty/staff network. All wireless options should be disabled on any printers with that capability. Many wireless printers act as an access point preventing computers using wireless from connecting to the network. If it is determined a printer is causing network interference, IT will disable the wireless options or request the printer be removed from the network.
The Technology Support Center will be available for consultation with Faculty/Staff prior to the purchase of a departmental printer.
Scope of Service
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) is specific to printers owned and operated by departments of the College of William and Mary and specifies the scope and terms of services provided by IT.