Accessing Files from On Campus
Campus Domain (G: Drive, H: Drive, P: Drive) - Faculty & Staff
The Campus Domain allows faculty and staff to log in to a collection of IT servers for access to shared network resources such as an H: drive for personal space, extensive group space (G: drive) for campus departments, and public file sharing space (P: drive).
Access is automatically provided except for the Group Space (G: drive). Departmental representative may contact the TSC at 757-221-4357 (HELP) or [[support]] to request G: drive access for new faculty and staff.
Personal Network Space (H: Drive) - Faculty & Staff (2GB), Students (500MB)
The H: drive is personal network space is made available to faculty, staff and students. In public labs and offices this is automatically mapped as the H: drive, but it can also be accessed from residence halls by mapping a drive (instructions below). Off-campus access is available using a secure FTP client with the host name sftp.wm.edu. You'll need to provide your WMuserid and password. To request an increase in your H: drive, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; charges may apply.
To setup your H: Drive with Windows XP/2000/Vista/2007:
- Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Click on "Map Network Drive."
- Select the letter H to use as the drive letter for your Home folder.
- In the popup box type \\files.campus.wm.edu\homes$\userid (replacing userid with your WMuserid)
- Click on different user name.
- Beside User Name type campus\WMuserid.
- Enter your password.
To setup your H: Drive with OS X:
- In the Finder, select "Connect To Server..." from the "Go" menu.
- In the Server Address field, enter smb://files.campus.wm.edu/homes$/userid (replacing userid with your WMuserid)
- Click connect.
- When prompted, enter your WMuserid and your password.
MAC USERS: If you are using Leopard (Mac OS X v10.5), read this alert about folder permissions.
Special Note for Students Mapping to a Student Organization Web Site
Only one WMuserid may map (connect) to drives on a computer. Because a student org (SO) site requires it's own WMuserid to map its drive, students who have mapped both their H: drive and their student org's (SO) web site will need to do the following to access both drives:
- Disconnect either your H: drive or SO drive on your computer.
- Connect remotely to either your H: drive or SO site by using an sftp client (connect using webftp.wm.edu). Instructions for connecting remotely.
Still having trouble connecting?
Disable any firewall software and try connecting again.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 208, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm