The College requires Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to access William & Mary network resources from off-campus computers. The College provides SFTP software as a free download from our Licensed Software repository.
Banner Admin users can also access network files via the Virtual Desktop Image (VDI) from off-campus.
Note: A recent upgrade to our SFTP service, will cause returning sftp users to get a warning message about a key change. Just click Yes or Connect to accept the warning. Details about the key change.
Access the Network
To access network space from any computer connected to the Internet (off-campus):
- Launch an SFTP application and start a new connection.
- Connect with the instructions found here:
- H: Drive & G: Drive - These folders are named HOME (H: Drive) and FILES (G: Drive)
- ACStore - Link to ACStore Drive info
- A complete list of drive addresses are in the "SFTP_INFO" folder, a file named "sftp_drivepaths.txt"
It is normal to see folders that you cannot open or write files into. If you have problems opening a folder you should have access to, send an email to [[support]].
Mac Users: Read details about finding folders using Fugu and Fetch and connecting to webftp.wm.edu.