I am a faculty or staff member. How will the new student email account affect me?
As a faculty or staff member you need to know the following:
- There will be a second valid email address, email@example.com, used at the W&M. This new email will be issued to all current students, incoming students, and alumni. You may begin receiving emails from students with this new email address as early as March 22, 2010.
- Beginning April 12, 2010 - all official email addresses for students will be changed in Banner, Banner Self Service, myWM and Blackboard to the new email address.
- On April 12, 2010 - you should begin communicating with students using the new email address. Even though email received at the old address, @wm.edu, will get forwarded - it will not forward indefinitely. Forwards will end in December 2010.
If you are a faculty or staff member taking a class:
- You will be issued a student email account.
- All official student communications will be issued to this account.
- You may want to consider forwarding the student email to your faculty/staff email. Otherwise, you will be expected to check both accounts.