If you're opening Outlook 2011 for the first time, you'll be automatically taken to a screen where you can establish your W&M account with your campus username and password.
If you've used Outlook 2011 on this computer before with another account, then you'll have to add a new W&M account.
- In the top menu, go to Outlook > Preferences...
- Under Personal Settings, click Accounts.
- Click the + button in the bottom left corner and choose the Exchange... option from the drop down.
- Enter your W&M email address, and your WMuserid and your password.
- Click Add Account.
If you're opening Mac Mail/iCal for the first time, you'll be directed to set up an account.
- Enter the name you want attached to your account.
- Enter your W&M email address (your WMuserid "at" wm.edu)
- Enter the password associated with your WMuserid.
- Click Continue.
- The next window you should see is Account Summary. The two check boxes at the bottom allow you to automatically configure Address Book and iCal into W&M Exchange. Make sure those are checked.
If you've used Mac Mail/iCal on this computer before, you'll have to add a new W&M account.
- Go to Mail > Preferences.
- Under Accounts, click the + button in the bottom left hand corner of the new window the opens.
- Enter your W&M email address and password.
Outlook Web Apps (OWA)
You may prefer to use OWA, a web-based version of Outlook email and calendar you can access anywhere with an internet connection. To login to OWA, enter your WMuserid and password here.
Other Email Program Setup
We haven't fully tested other non-standard email/calendar programs but you are more than welcome to setup a client other than Outlook or Mac Mail/iCal. Just make sure you are aware of the following parameters if you decide to do so:
- IMAP setting to Exchange Server
- Incoming mail: owa.wm.edu; port 993 using SSL
- Outgoing mail: smtp.wm.edu; 587 using STARTTLS