Quick Access: Login via myWM or directly blackboard.wm.edu.
W&M's video tutorials
W&M IT has created tutorials on our specific Blackboard environment. We are working on updating these tutorials. If the topic you need is missing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Creating your Blackboard site
- Adding Static Content
- Assessment Tools: Assignments, SafeAssign, Tests, Grade Center
- Collaborative Tools
- Manage Site and Content
- Manage Users
Blackboard for class use
- Creating your Blackboard site [back to top]
- Create a brand new site for a course you're teaching (Updated 1/14)
- Create a site by combining multiple sections into one Blackboard site (Updated 1/14)
- Request a non-Academic course site (Updated 8/12)
- Create a Faculty Dossier Site for Tenure and Promotion (Updated 8/12)
- Adding Static Content [back to top]
- Communication [back to top]
- Assessment Tools [back to top]
- Assignments: Creating Assignments
- Assignments: How Do Students Upload their work?
- Assignments: Viewing and Grading Assignments online
- SafeAssign: Creating SafeAssignments
- SafeAssign: How Do Students Upload their work?
- SafeAssign: Checking submitted papers for originality
- SafeAssign: Bulk Download SafeAssignments
- SafeAssign: Grading SafeAssignments online
- SafeAssign: How do students see their grades?
- SafeAssign: Spot-check individual papers for plagiarism using Direct Submit
- Testing: Bulk Upload Questions
This is a great non-video explanation from CalPoly of how you can create a simple text file and upload a batch of questions easily to Bb.
- Testing: Exporting Tests to a New Blackboard Site
- Grade Center: Adding Columns and entering grades for assignments and tests not created in Blackboard
- Grade Center: Hiding a Grade Column from students (Updated 9/2012)
- Grade Center: Weighted Totals (Updated 5/2013)
- Collaborative Tools [back to top]
- Manage Site and content [back to top]
- Manage Users [back to top]