Get connected to the W&M wireless network.
Alumni! Coming back to W&M during Homecoming? All visitors and guests to the College of William & Mary campus will have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network.
Know someone at W&M? With a W&M sponsor, guests may also access the W&M encrypted wireless network and request to extend access beyond the 24 hours guest period. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access.
Access is simple. When you (the visitor) are on campus:
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click I'm a guest/conference attendee and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- Optional: For additional access (beyond 24 hours or to access the encrypted network), you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
If you choose additional access, after pressing the submit button, you will receive a temporary userid and password which will allow you to access the W&M encrypted network (W-M_Wireless_Encrypted). The userid and password will also be sent to your email address. You may choose to access the encrypted network or stay on the unencrypted network (W-M_Wireless).