Digital Measures’ ActivityInsight™ system is a secure and reliable web-based tool for faculty to collect, manage and report their teaching, research and service activities, along with their accomplishments and professional activities. At a minimum, tenured and tenure eligible faculty at the College will have access to the system. In some schools, access will also be established for additional faculty groups and staff.
The DM structure allows data to be arranged in output documents, including but not limited to a vita, presenter biography, department roster, or reports required by accrediting bodies. Many W&M faculty are actively involved in engaging students in a variety of exciting and meaningful ways. It is increasingly important for faculty to document this good work so it is appropriately acknowledged in annual activity reports, tenure and promotion documents, and external reports to our various constituencies and accrediting bodies. DMS is a repository for faculty activities that allows faculty and administrators to view summary reports for departments, schools or colleges in a systematic and efficient manner.
What are the Advantages?
- 24/7 Access: Review or enter data from any computer with an internet connection.
- Save Time: Entering data only once, use DMS to generate any number of reports and documents: e.g. annual Faculty Activity Report, curriculum vita, tenure and promotion documents, annual reports, accreditation reports; when recorded regularly throughout the year, easily generate reports of faculty activities and accomplishments at the click of a mouse;
- No Disappearing Records: Records do not disappear when personnel changes occur. Such historical records are important to accreditation processes that occur campus wide and within individual schools.
How is DMS being used?
- The Schools of Business and Education use DMS reporting to respond to requirements of their accrediting agencies, AACSB and CAEP respectively, in the areas of teaching, research, service, and during the merit review process.
- Law School faculty web page data is pulled directly from each faculty Digital Measures account.
- All VIMS faculty, as well as graduate students with teaching responsibilities have Digital Measures accounts.
- New faculty have their entire CV loaded into Digital Measures and are trained so they can continue to update their accounts.
- Arts & Sciences has completed the entry of historical activity data through 2014 from curricula vitae for tenured and tenure eligible faculty. Arts & Sciences uses DMS in their annual Program Review (peer assessment) process and to enhance the merit review process.